Helmets and numbers

Leon B

out one time on my bike years ago and a bee flew up and into my helmet. was only going slow round town at the time. :t-up:

my how the people at the bus stop laughed :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

however; bare eyes are ok upto about 50.........

Barking.......a car coming towards you at 60mph flicks a stone at you while you're stuck in traffic, stationary...........if you're travelling at 50mph towards him, you'd be blinded, temporarilly, at best. At worst, you could lose an eye, which is no fun when the stone causes you to stack the car in to a ditch.........

Wear eye protection at *all* times when aeroscreening..........

Agreed, one of the very few (and last) times I drove mine without any eye protection, I was pootling down the A3 Kingston bypass at about 40mph just doing a 1 mile round trip to get petrol.

A courier bike came past me at about 55 in the second lane, and I heard a clatter. The next second, a big chunk of plastic chain guard flew off his rear wheel straight towards me. Luckily I saw it coming and dodged it, and it flew harmlessly between the seats through the rollbar!  :0  :0

The picture to the left was the result of a single motorcycle journey - a drive in a Westfield with an aeroscreen presumably results in a similar effect, but directly on the face?

(full picture here)

Actually aeroscreening is a lot less "buggy" than that picture of your helmet.

I drove 700 miles with a pair of sunnies and a baseball cap and only when I was going past trucks did the hat wobble a bit (might have been helped by having tyres stacked on the back between the roll bar stays, acting as a sort of buffeting protector).  A lot of the air is deflected over your head, including bugs, etc.

My bike has a fairing that also is supposed to deflect the airflow over my head - and I'm not a tall rider. I have to say it was one of those balmy, "clouds of midges" nights though...

For now I think I'll keep the screen on my Westy...

:blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

I have windscreen car and I love to drive without sidescreens but cant stand the buffetting etc so most times use a crash helmet and put screens on so I can get my bald bits burnt

Call me a girly but that buffetting is really uncomfortable :(  :(  :(

I am really tempted to go aeroscreen but dont want to have to wear a crash helmet everytime I go out

Actually aeroscreening is a lot less "buggy" than that picture of your helmet.

I drove 700 miles with a pair of sunnies and a baseball cap and only when I was going past trucks did the hat wobble a bit

Is that true...

1)  Are aeroscreens easy to fit IE: do they cover up old screen fixing holes/mastic etc

2)  is the buffetting reduced etc as against a windscreen as Nick claims (hat must have been on back to front I assume :durr: )