Worse than the dentist!

neilwillis

How traumatic was that!!!!!

I have just been hacking great lumps of plastic out of my bonnet for the air filters.  

Anyone know where I can get some councelling to get over the anguish of risking wrecking a perfectly good bit of placcy?

At least the hole isn't too big - just dreading finishing the job tomorrow night!

:sheep:

is this post SVA neil? from memory dont you have a VX in there? just wondered what your setup was before this as i have a vx with carbs and ive crushed a pipercross 50mm filter under the bonnet with no trumpets. did you do the same?

ps. i'd guess that 6 Stellas would numb the pain (or create a odd shaped hole!! )   :D  :D

Yes, post SVA (I never thought I'd say that! ) and I have a Zetec.   My filters are of the K&N variety, and I didn't want to sacrifice power by having shorter trumpets.

The jobs done now, and looks pretty good even if I do say so myself  :D  :D  :D  :D

I finished the edge of the hole with some left over rubber edging strip

You can get some great stuff for going round the edge of the hole from woolies.You don't even need to finish the edges off too well if you use pvc edge trim - p5 of their catalogue cat no. 267 or 267a.

www.woolies-trim.co.uk

regards,Steve