Passed 3rd attempt

neilwillis

I have a smile, probably permanent now, because it proved to be a faulty speedo, and it flew through the test this morning.

DVLA Local Office, here we come!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

;)

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

give it a week and you will forget the pain of the sva :angry:  :angry:  :angry: then again i cant forget southampton :angry:  :angry:

enjoy ya car mate but not to much loud peddel yet

all the best

jamie

Well dun Neil - C ya sunday, if not sooner  :D  :angry:  :angry:

Congrats Neil, glad things went well for you in the end. If the weather is nice on Sat and you fancy a blat somewhere local, give me a shout as I am only over in the Clent Hills, I wouldn't mind picking up some tips for SVA.

Cheerio

JD

Thanks all.   Just got to get it registered tomorrow now.   Hopefully they will issue the reg there n then, and I'll have it on the road for the weekend.   I shall of course be going to Curborough either with or without my new toy  :D

I'll have to postpone the blat Steve, unless of course you'll be coming to Curborough?

congratulations, when you get it on the road take it easy until you get used to it, I think Ross Kenyon holds the record for lowest mileage covered between sva and write off, IIRC 58 miles. Have fun

jeff

It's very tempting to let rip, but I will try to resist - for a while anyway.

I've only overtaken one motorbike so far  :devil:

And you do have to check the speedo is operating efficiently at all speeds  :devil:

And doesn't that loud pedal sound good?

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

And that was only on the drive to and from the testing centre - I wonder why I chose one that meant I had to drive 34 miles each way along nice fast country roads?

Oh, and thanks to the nice inspector man - top bloke!

Well done, I'm waiting for reply on SVA date so have followed your speedo saga with interest.

Would still like to see what an SVA prep'd westy, do you have any pics?

Another SVA question - I have "carbon effect" cycle wings which seem to have sharp edges, do I need to put the dreaded rubber edge strip on these?

Cheers

Rick

Thanks guys :D

I'll be taking some pics just for you Zed.   And yes, you really do need the dreaded rubber strips round the cycle wings.

I'll be leaving my car in SVA configuration for as long as poss, so if you are attending any Westfield events in the Midlands, or visiting the factory, we can arrange a meeting.

The pics will have to wait till Monday cuz I'm going to Curborough - unfortunately - the car isn't  ???

Rick,

I put rubber trim on my carbon effect cycle wings, can't say for sure that you would have to, might depend how snug fitting they are (i.e. can the edge be touched by the sphere?).

Anyways I just glued the trim on the inside/underside only, so once SVA was a done deal the trim could be removed with no visible badness happening.

Moom.

The rubber strip is required, although once they have tested it thats it.  Mine got tested and then fell off later during the test when he was testing the brakes outside.

Once that ticks on the form your laughing. :p

Si

Just a footnote to the speedo saga.

I had mine back today from Westfields - no trace of any fault, so it must have been a sensor position issue all along  :blush:

Oh well, as long as it works!

:durr:  :durr:  :durr:  :durr:  :durr:  :durr:  :durr:  :durr: