Calling all those with Toyota 4Age

gadrego

Hi all,

I'm considering converting to a 4AGe after the summer so I'd like to start gathering some info then I might start collecting a few parts together once I've made some other mods that I've been planning.  Ok here come the questions:

1) My car is a 90SE (narrow, live), currently running a 1700Xflow with type E 4 speeder so one thing I would need to do is source a type 9 or is the Toyota T50 an option?  I presume if I went with the toyota box, I would need to get a custom prop made up.  Reccomendations?

2) I better ask this now before anything else.  Will the engine physically fit?

3) I currently run twin 40's.  Can I reuse these or should I move to 45's?

4) What engine model should I be looking for?  Not after mega performance, just a more modern (read: reliable) engine than the XFLow with a bit of future tuning potential.

5)  I'd like to do this as cheaply as possible.  I know raw and Fensport do a lot of off the shelf parts but is there any corners I can cut?

6)  Anybody got a decent breakdown of what the actual conversion is likely to cost me?

All help greatfully received.

Speak to Richard Macer (RM SPORT) in Letchworth Herts. (I'll get you his phone No. if required)

His business is tuning and parts for the 4AGE engine. In my experiance excellent service and cheaper than the others!

Dave O.

Thanks Dave.

Any chance of the phone number?  Had a quick search for a website, but couldn't find one.  Do they have one?

Gadrego

You have PM (my tel no). My (now ex) Westfield was the same as yours and was converted to 4AGE.

Dickie B