• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Newbie and lovin' it!

crayfish

Hi all,

I got a 1989 Westfield SE last wekend and I totally love it :love:

However, it's hardly stopped raining since i got it and the carpets are still quite wet. I saw a guy at Stoneleigh and he had a great way of stopping the sidescreens leaking by attaching some angle-iron near the hinges, so that's one of my first jobs :t-up:

Full spec is:

1989 factory built Westfield SE

1700 crossflow

Twin Dellorto carbs

Big valve head

Runs on unleaded

Quick shift gears

Quick steering rack

Minilites

Set of slick tyres on superlites :cool:

Full weather gear (not that it's much use!;)

Red paintwork

Pretty standard I suppose compared to a V8 or bike engined one, but I'm lovin' it!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilwillis

• Blatman

• crayfish

• furtive

Welcome to the club!

I have an SE with a Pinto engine for the last 8 years and the smile has never left my face!

Enjoy every minute.

Kind regards

Bob

I know what you mean!

I've had three cars so far in my life. Firstly, a Mini which my dad bought me after I passed my test. He wanted me to get some experience ASAP!

Next was a Vauxhall Chevette which I bought myself. Its bodywork was a bit beaten up but it had a genuine low mileage and was a blast to drive.

Then I replaced it after a year with a Ford Sierra 2000E. Large and comfortable car which was welcome after the Chevette. Got bored of it after 18 months this winter (but it's still my backup car) and I decided to go for a 7 replica.

The Westfield is the only car I would drive for the pleasure of driving.

Welcome on board.   Just one question.....

You have joined the club?

Were you one of the lucky few who signed up this weekend, and took home one of the coveted, and soon to be, very rare mugs?

:D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D

Were you one of the lucky few who signed up this weekend, and took home one of the coveted, and soon to be, very rare mugs?

Well me and the missus signed up at Stoneleigh after 4 years of westie ownership, I think we were the first to sign up this weekend with little in the way of resistance to parting with the cash. I belive Roland has the pics for proof and not a crowbar in sight :)

I have joined the club but it was earlier in the week before Stoneleigh, so no mug for me. I suppose that makes me a mug :D

I have plenty of other muggage cluttering my room, but thanks for the offer! :)

And thanks for the welcomes too :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

I'll take one if they're on offer...

Andy