BODY FITTING

PETER

just about to start fitting the body work :D

there are two 5" long lengths of box section at the rear.

are they all that the rear body rivets to ?

not a lot is it !

if you have to drill holes for the wheel carryer

whats the point of those flippin great big cut outs ?

To be honest, there's not a lot of structural strength back there is there.

Mine was a bl**** tight fit in front of the rear wheels too, so there was hardly any room to centre the rear end.

Just you wait till you get to the bonnet, and discover it's 13mm longer on one side than the other  :0

I found the bodywork the hardest part of the whole build for what it's worth.

Have you had a look at Steppenwolfe's build site?   He's got it down to a very fine art IMHO

as well as checking that the body is square and central (see stepenwolfs site), also make sure that the mountings for the spare wheel bracket are central to the shape of the moulding on the body panel, mine wasnt and looks offset, although the rear section is square to the wheels.

clear as mud?

You could chase your tail forever trying to get it all lined up.   The best you can hope for is a reasonable compromise.   It's like using a banana for a straight edge - impossible!

???

Just call it part of the Westfield's charm  :sheep:

:( ok thats almost clear  ???

now !

the square tongues.

how many rivets and wear ?

i have the type of roll bar with out base plates.

so the tongues will have to have a 2" hole drilled through them.

I just "tacked" the tongues down with one rivet through each, right in the middle.   I fitted the roll bar later, and when I did, drilled out the two rivets.

When it comes to the point where you fit the roll bar, you'll need the boot box in place, mark out the position for the bar, then cut the hole for it.

Steppenwolfe's the man though, have a read of his site, and it'll clear all the problems up I'm sure.

HTH