mirrors

Bluebottle

Can anybody tell what mirrors are SVA approved. I have just bought a SPA GT/Le Mans type mirror, is this OK....any help gratefully received.

I don't think there is a right or wrong set of mirrors for SVA.   The requirements are that you can see through them properly, and that they have no sharp edges.

Just make sure you can see a good arc behind, and that the mirrors visibly overlap so you have no blind spots.

Not sure about that.   The windscreen pillar mirrors on mine definitely don't have any visible markings, but the rear view mirror does have an E number.

Do the wing mirrors need to be spring loaded  ???  ???  ???  like on a tintop so they deflect / deform  ???  ???  ???

Aero screen, Westfield rear view mirrors fitted x 2 not spring loaded, NO central mirror fitted, passed no problem 2 weeks ago ;)

Do the wing mirrors need to be spring loaded        like on a tintop so they deflect / deform      

They only need to be spring loaded if the are outside the line of the car - as the mirrors on a westy are well inside the wheel arches they don't need to be.

Two mirrors is enough, off side and centre or off side and near side as long as you get the field of view - get ones with a convex lens.

HTH

Neil  :cool: