• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterg

• gregh

• juansolo

• chrisbin

Top Posters In This Topic

probably all (both) of them  ;)  :love: just don't start me on the Scottish  :t-up:  :D  :D

juansolo,

very interesting! Would the playskool ones be as comfortable long distance do you reckon?

whilst I agree with Steve that my lardy ones are comfy and grip fine, I think they sit me too high up, hence forehead gets blasted!

regards,

greg

Ah but from there I can nip across the border into Wales.......no, hang on I don't want to do that, it's full of Welsh people   :sheep:

Ahem.......

I was about to order you a pint......but perhaps you would like to explain that remark first.......????? :angry:  :angry:

Plays-Kool seats are very Tillet-like in that they look uncomfortable but are actually very, very good.  Nip down and give them a try.  Then pop over to mine after if you like and try the Westie seats and the Tillets also.

nice to see a girl appreciate the fineries of long term financial planning

only problem is ..... now you've GOT to keep the car forever so no chance for an upgrade to a Megabusa or the like

I have a Duratec going in as soon as I receive all the parts from Raceline, so no immediate need for a Megabusa ;)

Have you sat in both? I'd love to know if the solid one in your piccie could be anywhere near as comfortable as the padded ones.

I have only sat in the Westy Race seat and it was not the padded version -- it simply had a single layer of thin leather covering the surface -- but it seemed quite comfortable.  Since I live in the States, trying out any of these seats is virtually impossible for me (I lucked out on the Westy race seats), so I can't do a direct comparison.  

Logic tells me that a hard seat can't be that comfortable, but when I look at the padded Westy Race Seat it is simply a hard shell topped with thin padding.  If the MOG is a little too hard for me, then here is no reason why I can't have a padded cover made and get a similar level of cushioning.  Also, I will always have my stock seats that I can swap in for long tours if comfort proves an issue.  Hmm... It sounds like I have talked myself into buying the MOGs.  I guess I better give Fluke a call in the morning :D

-John

Seattle, USA

>>Then pop over to mine after if you like and try the Westie seats and >>the Tillets also.

Sounds like a good offer, when suits? I'm hopefully popping down to Pauls today to have a look at my weird cooling problem.

Are yours still all together very south Leeds?

cheers,

Greg

Those MOG Tillets do look the Dogs :cool:

I have sat in the Westfield Race seat & found it a bit tight around the hips (but then I've build for comfort for the last few years :blush: )

I have also sat in some Tillets, in a Cateringvan SLR and thought that they were exreamly comfortable & supportive.

If you feel that they are a little hard just

a. Eat more Pies. :)  

b. Drink more Beer. :D

c. Eat more Pies. :)  

d. Drink more Beer. :D

or

e. (Last resort) get some padded inserts made, if your a real Tart you could get them made up in BRG or whatever colour that lovely SportCarbon is? ;)

Andy :zzz:

Both cars are currently intact though I'll be doing quite a lot of work on the PPE starting this weekend so I should be kicking around there quite a bit.

I'll send you details on how to get to where the cars are stored and my mobile number via the messenger in a little while.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the alloy seats that are currently coming from America. They are available with covers and seem fairly well priced. Tweeks have them. I'm about to buy some seats for my part built SEW Toyota and don't know what to go for, i'd like to do some motorsport (single venue rallies) in the future and need a rigid safe seat. In the past i've had rally cars with GRP seats that flex and eventually they crack and then need replacing (anyone remember Ari's accident in 85). So I am reluctant to go for any seat that flexes.

I have sat in the Westfield Race seat & found it a bit tight around the hips (but then I've build for comfort for the last few years :blush: )

I have the same problem with the westfield race seats, they are just too small (although I did once drive from Norfolk to Devon in them - so long as you drive quickly I found that you needed to stop for fuel often enough to regain circulation in legs again!  :)  )

However I've just bought some of the playskool grp seats and these seem to fit just fine. Maybe a little tight on the shoulders for the passenger, but fine for the driver whose arms are forward anyhow. Very supportive, especially once the top of the seat is fixed to the rr bulkhead too.  :)

PS. If you're tall, forget the comfy westfield seats, they sit you too high in the car. If you have a windscreen you'll look over it, and you can forget using the hood!  :0  :D