Westfield padded sports seats

gregh

I have lardy seats in my Westie at the moment (pics below), and upon seeing some of the afore mentioned seats at the Yorkshire meet I quite fancy some, but have a few questions.

I think these are what Juansolo's brother has??? (pics below)

The lardy ones have been fine for long journeys, all day tracking and long journeys back, ie Leeds to Cadwell Park and back.

Are the padded sports seats fine for long journeys?

I'm assuming Westfield will want an arm and a leg for said seats, does anyone do any cheapers replicas? I don't want solid GRP/carbon ones as they will be too hard for long journeys.

Do the Westie ones come up second hand at all?

cheers,

Greg

640.3861.Harnesses.JPG

seats.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterg

• gregh

• juansolo

• chrisbin

Top Posters In This Topic

The Westfield 'Race' seats don't come up 2ndhand very often as the people who have them wouldn't want to change them  ;)  ;)  and yes, a full arm AND leg will be required.....circa £250 each 2 years ago  ???  but everyone who sat in mine was very impressed with their relative comfort and the support is MUCH better than the lardy ones.

I drove 100 miles to Gurston hillclimb, competed all day and then drove home with no aches or pains and also drove to Stoneleigh in 2001 (over 300 miles round trip in a day) with no complaints  :)

just checking the Westie parts catalogue they list

5811102  race seats (vinyl) for £201.61

5810011 seat blade kit - non adj £39.99

s581003 eat blade kit - adj £59.99

I assume I'll need a blade kit?? Is that the right part number for the seats in the piccie I posted above?

cheers,

Greg

The race seats in top photo need additional bracing around shoulders back to chassis for ultimate support  ;)  ;)  ;)  They do flex even for non-lardy folks  :D  ;)  ;)

The Carbon jobs are much more rigid and supportive and can be fitted with a padded "overjacket" for extra comfort.

The padded jobbies in bottom photo are comfy and good for road use - alternatives to these are Cobra or Richfield.

See if you can trial sit in a few different cars before deciding  :D  :D  ;)

A friend of mine at work picked up a pair of Westie padded seats from Stoneliegh for £350 IIRC.  Maybe the price has droppped or it could have been a show only offer ?

the cobra roadster 7 seats are cheaper, around 250 for the pair, but no where near as comfortable as the westfield ones - the cobra ones have side bits on the base that tend to dig into your hips and are uncomfortable on long journeys, Ive got the cobra ones and am thinking of changing them.

I've got the Westfield padded race seats (top picture) in mine, the only difference being I've got one harness slot (at the top) and they're green.

They are really quite comfy as you're supported in all the right places, the only comment I would make is they're inclined to exagerate any lower back problems as you sit in a more lying position, if you see what I mean. On bad roads the small of the back can suffer.

Strangely enough several people have commented negatively when seeing them in the car, suggesting they look a 'bit cheap' but this changes once they've sat in them.

The original Westfield receipt, dated 1999, indicates 'Stock Id RS1 - Lightweight Race Seat Covered, £171.95 each'.

Minghis.

the only comment I would make is they're inclined to exagerate any lower back problems as you sit in a more lying position, if you see what I mean. On bad roads the small of the back can suffer.

Demon Tweeks sell a Sparco? inflatable lumbar support which I used as I've had a bad back for some years now and this fixed it for me  ;)

Give me the 'lardy' sports seat any time  - they are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in fitted to a Westfield and they have reasonably good 'holding' properties. On Tuesday I did a whole day at Curborough and then drove back to the south coast and was comfortable ( and supported! ) all the time  :)

Give me the 'lardy' sports seat any time

of course they support you, Steve - your *ahem* less than svelte body is wedged between the gearbox tunnel and the door sill so you don't need the extra support the race seats give    :0  ;)  :D  :D  :D

Give me the 'lardy' sports seat any time

of course they support you, Steve - your *ahem* less than svelte body is wedged between the gearbox tunnel and the door sill so you don't need the extra support the race seats give    :0  ;)  :D  :D  :D

:D  :D  :0  :0  :0

Sits down, orders a pint, and awaits developments.....

Sitting in corner of pub, Steppenwolf enters....S***, my coat is near the door and he's blocking my way! - well actually he's blocking the sunlight as well  :D  before he gets a chance to have a go I distract him with a casual mention of Zetec cooling systems  ;)  whilst he starts to explain the fine details of thermostatic induction I slide behind the table and make for the door grabbing my coat on the way .....  :devil:  :D

Sitting in corner of pub, Steppenwolf enters....S***, my coat is near the door and he's blocking my way! - well actually he's blocking the sunlight as well  :D  before he gets a chance to have a go I distract him with a casual mention of Zetec cooling systems  ;)  whilst he starts to explain the fine details of thermostatic induction I slide behind the table and make for the door grabbing my coat on the way .....  :devil:  :D

but not before infiltrating the Cornish Cateringvan connection and blowing Mr Seabrook's cover......... :D  :D  :D

orders a second pint........

Bit slow today Stepps.........(was that your son talking...??)