Breakdown Cover

scooby

I have full AA cover (well, my other half does, with me as a second member).

Not sure of the price, about 120 quid or so?

Andy

£70 with RAC for whatever car I'm in  :D  :D  ;)  driving or passengering  ;)  :D  Roadside recovery

Had occassion to use them  :(  :(  :(  and service was fine  ;)

We just cancelled our RAC cover at renewal, because their renewal cost for us both roadside/recovery was £104.  So I rang them up and asked them how come if I was a new customer I could buy it for around £70 online but as a valued existing customer who had not used their services in the past 2 years I would have to pay an extra £30.  They had no answer so I cancelled (you have to have cancelled for 120 days before you are allowed to join again on the cheaper offer).  

Our new towmobile comes with AA cover so all we need to do now is sort something out for Westy, probably going to go for Direct Line/Green flag because they're cheaper - they insure the vehicle not the person so as we only need it for Westy this year I reckon that's what we'll do  :)

My renewal was £70  ???  ???  ;)  ;)  :D  and it covers all three of my vehicles and any that I happen to be a passenger in ???

Don't forget that the WSCC is an affiliated MSA (RAC) club and as such there MIGHT be a discount available to all bonefide WSCC members  ???  ???  ???  ???

They offered me one when I originally joined  :D

I'm with AA.

Basic membership for me and wife was £40 ish I think - off web. This doesn't include recovery though.

I know that a "Which?" survey had AA way ahead in terms of response times....

I'm with the AA Too.

AA Roadside - cost me about £40 / year and so far the service has been top notch. Covers you rather than the car so a bonus if you have two cars I guess. No recovery though if things go really pear shaped :0

Joined the RAC last year on their all singing and dancing cover for both me and my wife and it cost about £100.

We kissed goodbye to the no claim discount this year as we used it 4 times last year   :arse:  so renewal was £120.

Service has been good, although call out times have been about an hour. They even came and sorted me out, just outside Bruntinthorpe proving ground  :devil:

Cheers

David

• 2 weeks later...

I got my insurance through Adrian Flux, and got their full breakdown cover, inc. homestart for £51!

I did try Green flag, and 'What's a Westfield and who makes them' was the response i got from them.

Re-insured this year with Footman James from A.Flux. £20 more but included full european breakdown cover. Bargain!!

The only catch is I have to go to Lemans this year to try it out now!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D

Martin