valve cap stuck !!

wrightster

a bit of a daft problem but on my spare wheel there is a metal valve/dust cap which i cannot remove i have tried pliers holding the valve itself whilst trying to unscrew the cap with another set of pliers !! :angry: i have also tried wd40 to release it - no luck , any ideas failing this if i take it to my local national tyres will they be a ble to replace the valve ?

TIA

Whenever I've taken my tintop to get tyres changed, they just cut off the valve to deflate em.  

One small point though, have you got those posh ali locking valve caps?   I seem to recall they have a very small screw, which must be removed first.   Have a look for a tiny aperture in the side of the cap, and see if there's a screw retaining the cap.

HTH

I seem to recall they have a very small screw, which must be removed first.
Very good point, stops the little toads knicking them for there BMX's :/

At £20 a set, you'd need a little security that's for sure!

I'm still skint after my build, so mine is going to have the PVC ones (Plastic Very Cheap)!!!

:D

£9.99 from Westfield with the logo on, Wrightster if it's got em, I've got the little thingy for unscrewing them. BE CAREFUL though boys they're seriously HEAVY :D

try to get hold of a set of Snap On linemans pliers. theyll grip anything. i got a crossthreaded disc bolt out with a set years ago !

Wrightster, me and Nanaman were wondering whether you may have been regretting letting Nic and Robbie go?

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D