side exit exhuast for cossie

nozzer

The cossie i have has a underbody exhuast, whatever i do it seems to ground out, what would i need to do for a side exit exhuast, where would i get one and rough idea of cost.

Ta very much

Underslung exhausts are quite common and should not cause a problem.  Paul changed it and maybe had it incorrectly fitted or had it oversized.  Correcting this might be a cheaper option.  Take note that the Cossie would most easily exit from the drivers side and can be very noisy.

David

A cossie exhaust should be a #### sight quiter than most purely by virtue of having the turbo in the way.  With a decent silencer the car should be whisper quiet.  

The techcraft equipped cossie powered quantum I was in the other week was whisper quiet compared to my old pinto powered car.

A cossie exhaust should be a #### sight quiter than most purely by virtue of having the turbo in the way
I only have a very short turbo stack pipe and a 2.5 " ID carbon can, no problem with noise, but gets nice and inoffencivley throaty on boost :) best of both worlds. Basicly dont be put off by short exhaust pipe runs as mentioned above it wont be too loud. Also since its only a single stack exhaust system (i.e no complicated primarys and secondarys) a special made exhaust shouldn't be that expensive, i made mine from 2 x 2.5" ss bends and a short straight section. :) and you could quite cheaply get a turbine outlet flange knocked up at a local engineering company for little money (have drawings for this if you are interested)

There appears to be 2 hooks missing on the "silenced" part but there on the straight through pipe :) good on ya paul, that must be why he is deaf :D

Im having the 2 hooks welded on the quiet pipe tomorrow and we'll see how that works.

I've been using "U" clamps but ive been wearing them away when groundining out.

The cossie i have has a underbody exhuast, whatever i do it seems to ground out, what would i need to do for a side exit exhuast, where would i get one and rough idea of cost.

didnt the car have a side exit on a week before you bought it? if so...free...if you can get hold of the old bits?!