• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neo

• Mike

• AndyMoss

• neilwillis

Top Posters In This Topic

If you drop the guys at Ferriday Engineering a call 01785 621710

They have a selection of Zetec plug covers available with logos - especially for Westfields  :D  ;)  :)  :D

Like these rockerwest.jpg

If you ask him he'll usually sort something out  ;)  :D  give him a call  ;)  :D  :D

Yes steppenwolf but do they still make yours ? Have to be honest I like yours more than the advert for the WSCC on the other ones :D

One is on my shopping list too !

The e-mail address on your site bounces, so it looks like a phone call if you want one like on the yellow engine. To save a search look here

It says :-

"Trade-link International (Birkin) contact me today with an update on the Zetec engine HT lead covers that they are going to produce following my prototype design. The price will be a very reasonable £19.95 plus carriage and vat for a standard finish or plus £2.50 plus vat for an anodised finish in silver, blue, black or red. This price includes the laser cutting of the text and the mounting studs. Trade-Link International can be contacted on 01327 855700 and they are very pleasant people to deal with."

Yes steppenwolf but do they still make yours ?

I have no idea if they are still making 'Westfield' ones ( mine was the prototype ) but I am sure that they still make the 'Birkin' ones on which mine is based so it is a pretty good bet that they will do a 'Westfield' one too if asked.

Thanks for letting me know about the emails bouncing - I will look into that ....

Being a man of my word, I have looked into it and this is their new email address:-

contact@birkincars.co.uk

:)

• 3 weeks later...

I quick update on the covers supplied by Birkin.

Apparently the use of the word Westfield is difficult ( Helecopters hovering around, men in black from west midlands etc. )  ???

A sample went to Kingswinsford with a view to selling them through Westfield but no interest from factory.

They are however a really helpful company and put a lot of effort into pricing up a one off for me. However to be economic they would really need to a batch run of about 30.

So the questions are :-

Would there be enough interest in these to make it worth while ?

What could go on them that looked good but was not too specific, for example 1800 16V would rule out a lot of 2000 owers.

My best suggestion is Zetec 16V - but I must admit I have not checked to see if this would cause an issue with Ford decending on Birkin. Another possibility might be twincam.

i would be interested. a plain and simple 16v might look good.

not too keen on the wscc ones, to much going on in them.

mike

I would also be up for one - Zetec 16v

Whilst on - what paint is recommended for the cover.  Mine is still natural finish and I would like to do it blue or yellow.  I heard Hammerite was quite good but know from experience that it chips easiliy.