£300 banger required for stag-do frolics

TonyW

A good friend of mine is getting married in the summer and for his stag-do has asked that we have a Top Gear style weekend where we spend peanuts on some ropey old banger which is then taken through some 'special challenges' and then ragged at Santa Pod at their run-what-you-brung sessions. If anyone has such a vehicle, pref with MOT till the end of Feb at a minimum then please let me know.

I'm based in York, would like something old and fast. I know £300 is not going to buy much but thats part of the challenge!

Tony

sounds like fun  :D

• 2 weeks later...
ntdwm on locost builders site don't know if it's any good

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/34/viewthread.php?tid=148818

Sold yesterday, too slow. Thanks for the link though Jamster!

Currently toying with the prospect of either an old Saab 900 (maybe or maybe not with smoking turbo) or the comedy value of an Austin Metro.

I am however very much open to ideas...

I did see that and got excited till I saw the bit about no MOT. My Dad once had one in maroon, would have been a little trip down memory lane...

not sure this is what you are after  :D   but I might know of a Skoda felicia 1.2  lady owner for last 6 years , never seen it yet, I kinow it  has Tax and test till end of May,  can prob get it for £150  . Ive just sold her a new car and she wants shot of it off the drive  , It

will weigh in for scrap for £120 and will have £40 tax in the window  :laugh:  :D  :D

Felicias were 1.3 or 1.6 weren't they?

:blush:  :blush:  no idea Sam Ive never had one  :D think its a small engined one anyway  :D

not sure this is what you are after  :D   but I might know of a Skoda felicia 1.2  lady owner for last 6 years , never seen it yet, I kinow it  has Tax and test till end of May,  can prob get it for £150  . Ive just sold her a new car and she wants shot of it off the drive  , It

will weigh in for scrap for £120 and will have £40 tax in the window  :laugh:  :D  :D

Jeff, that does sound a beut. It's not what I ideally wanted but could be the easiest solution.  Where are you based?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.