Saying Hello . . . .

Papa Lazarou

As I have finally got around to joinging up i thought I would take this opportunity to say Hello to everyone. So Hello.

I have been "watching" this site for a while now, but as a dumb newbie I have the added bonus of already having purchased my rocket powered rollerskate during last summer (and a lot of fun was had in it - apart from when the cam belt went  pop :angry:  :arse: ).

This year I shall be mostly smothing out its rough edges and molding it into the car which i want it to be. therefore to this end I would like to put the following queries/questions to the board.

*    I noticed that someone else had put a post about floppy wing-mirrors on a narrow body SE, well i am sorry to say that it is catching and there is nothing the Dr can give which fixes the problem. Therefore I am looking for a replacement pair but so far havent seen any which look like they will fit to the windscreen pillars using the existing screw holes. I have seen the Racetech mirrors, and they look very suitable, except the screw and bolt attachment dont look compatable with the holes they need to go into on my car.  :durr: Any conformation that they will fit or photos to remove my doubt about this matter would be appreciated.

*   Another thing I would like to do is to change the dash on my car (at the moment it has a grey interior). But I would like to arrange the knobs and switches myself, and +£100 for one from Westfield (uncut is the same price as one aready with the holes punched out) seems pricey. What is the best this to use as the backing (aluminium or steel sheet and what thickness) and what would be the best thing to cover it with to get the same finish as the Westfield bought ones??

Well those are my 2 immediate issues I would like to sort out  (along with joning the membership club ! !;). I am going to wait anxiously beside my computer awaiting the responses to come flooding in (better not hope my boss catches me though).

:)

Welcome to the club!

Don't know about the mirrors but try plays-kool for a nice carbon dash - or speak to Hilux who will be able to sort you out with an ali one!

Enjoy!

Dave O.

P.S. Don't need any pegs at the moment......thanks.