Polo radiator

duncansaunders

Bought a Polo Radiator yesterday.  Marked as being suitable for 1050 from 83 - 91.

Looks nice and light but both hose connections are on the left hand side and there is also an air bleed fitting.

Have I got the right one or is there one that has the hose connections on different ends - so it will fit easily with the hoses I have.

Cheers

Duncan

Making progress.

Sounds like right one to me......

Of course, both fittings could be on the right hand side, as well...........

There are many ways of mounting the rad, but....

To get the radiator as far forwards in the nose cone without foulling.  :angry:  

Allign the mounting bosses with the top chassis rail ( see Fast Westies pic, note he has used the front mounting bosses ) , ensure the gap between the rear top bosses and chassis is no more than 150mm, with the rad hanging vertically.

Hope this may save you the trial and error I have just been having  :(   :(   ;)

Neil

Thanks for the info.

One question though - does your radiator have an air bleed fitting at the top left hand corner next to the top hose connection?  Mine does but the one in fastwesties picture does not seem to?

Cheers

Duncan

It is standard to have this tiny air bleed outlet ( from memory it is 5 or 6mm ). The normal procedure is to blank it off with a stainless steel bolt coated in silicone sealant and screwed into the outlet.

CORRADO RADIATOR?

I have a VR6 Corrado and the radiator is massive - I doubt it would fit in the engine bay of my Westfield lengthways let alone sideways within the nose cone.

Still, plenty of cooling capacity to keep my 2.9l in check