sva test + front lights

pants

Hello

I have received my sVA kit today! Inside there are 2x 10mm ish spacers. Are these to space the lights up? Its the only thing i could think of. Is this a problem area Do i really need to put the spacers on? What is the minimum height requirement for fron lights?

Also spiral wrap- am i right in thinking its 4 front brake lines? It is only 3 mm inside diameter??? Odd

Thanks

Mark

I suspect that the two 10mm spacers are to raise the height of the two outboard mountings of a 4 point race harness if you are fiting one. For the SVA, you mount the inboard clips on the retractable belt 'turrets' in the centre of the rear cross-member and then the outer clips to the eye bolts having spaced them with the spacers decribed.

The headlamps should already be the correct height.

The spiral wrap really is for the aeroquip front brake pipes  -we dont want anyone getting cut by that nasty sharp braiding now, do we?  :0

FWIW, I didn't bother with all that pfaffing of the harnesses for SVA, but it depends which seats you have and/or how strict your tester is feeling.

Having said that, 10mm doesn't sound long enough for that job anyway, I'm sure the ones I got for that (but didn't use) were more like 1".  Perhaps they are the ones for the headlamps, but why would they only turn up with your 'SVA kit'?

At the risk of being shot down in flames - surely Westfield include a simple A4 single page listing / guide to where to fix SVA parts / covers etc.  :(  :(

As you can tell mine is pre SVA - thankfully  ;)  :D

Asked the very question yesterday at the factory, reply was ans I quote

"when you bring it in for a set up we will tell you what needs to be done for SVA, as each test centre varies."

A little bit presumpious that I will be bring my car to Westfield for a set up!

In contrast Dax do a large ring binder ( for £7.50) that let you know exactly what needs doing for SVA

If they have a 7/16thsish hole I think they will be for the outer seat belt mountings but they don't sound big enough - 25mm would be about right.

Are you going to Leighton Buzzard? I have experience of this centre.

Yep the large gold ones which are about 25mm are for the harness bodge.  But if they are 10mm as stated, then I am unsure what they are for.

To be honest, the harness bodge is pointless if you have the race style seats, since the harnesses pass through the slots in the seat anyway, so should be mounted according to the manufacturers safety recommendations.

And fitting harnesses to any other seat... well, let's not go there, but suffice to say, it's not great IMO (though arguably better than an inertia reel... maybe).

Moomin

The large spacers are definately for the headlamp fitting, sprayed mine satin black to match the powder coating. They also give you better clearance for removing the nosecone in future although the reason for fitting them is SVA related, but not sure exactly why ???

I was also told to do the bodge re the seat belts but I havn't bothered as I have the race seats and the belts pass through the slots in them. I havn't gone through SVA though as yet :devil:

although the reason for fitting them is SVA related, but not sure exactly why  

I think it's because the cycle wings hit the headlamps on full lock under suspension compression.  They did on mine and spacers sorted it.

Paul. I would reccomend fitting the harness spacer for sva. Yes it looks wrong; but you can take 'em off after and it could save retest fee/ inconvenience.

SVA is b*****k :arse:

Bring back boggo inspection.

Easy for me to say as it passed. Good luck all concerned ;)  :blush:  :0

Scott, where did you get tested? which seats have you fitted? what's the correct height, anyone know :p It would look stupid if I use the centre turrets as they don't line up with the holes in the seats.

Bleedin SVA :devil: