Front aeroquips, gear lever gaitor,

Getting near to finishing :D but that's when all the problems start :arse:

1) I've used the chassis brackets for the front brake lines and have just noticed that the flexible hose comes very close to the spring. Although it probably won't touch on its own  :blush: I'm sure Mr SVA will have something to say.... Also, I'm not too happy about it either. Has anyone else noticed this or had problems? I was thinking about bending the brackets so they are angled backwards, which should improve things a bit. It's just I'm relucant to make major changes since the brakes lines were an :arse: to form before & now will be far more difficult  ???

2) How does the gear lever gaitor fit? I got one from the factory (it's got a Ford stamp ;) ) and it's circular, with a circular ally bezel. The gaitor looks like it's supposed to fit around a 'lip' of some kind but I can see no way of creating one using the bezel  ??? (Not a good description I know  :D , just some thoughts would be useful...)

3) Got the inertial reel seat belts and the lower mounting (one against the tunnel) does not seem correct: the belt mounting is supposed to fit onto a metal spacer, which then is all bolted to the chassis. Trouble is, the hole in the belt mounting is quite large and looks as though it could get pulled over the bolt head quite easily :( I'm sure the spacer is on the correct way though because the instructions are quite explicit. Any thoughts?? Revised fitting instructions ???

4) Finally,  :devil:  not happy with the cycle wing brackets from Westfield (for Cortina uprights). I seem to remember that there are some available for the Dax that bolt to the dust cover holes, which sounds far better. Are these a straight replacement or will they need fettling?

Thanks,

- Dan.

can only answer the cycle wing bracket question with any authority....do a search!.....  ;)  no, seriously, they are available from Tiger Racing and use the dust cover holes for mounting which is MUCH better then having to shave some metal off your uprights (IMHO) and I believe DAX and Formula27(or whatever they're called now?) also do brackets like these.

All these brackets are a straight fit and just require some simple spacers to get the correct 'sit' over the wheels - washers would do but a bit of alloy tube is smarter  :cool:  :D

All these brackets are a straight fit and just require some simple spacers to get the correct 'sit' over the wheels...
I phoned the Dax factory today and the guy told me the offset would be wrong and that the brackets would probably catch [on 'something']. Is this why you need the spacers/washers then?  :blush:

Anyway, since it sounds like they fit, which is better (read cheaper/easier to fit/more aesthetically pleasing): Tiger or Dax?

Cheers.

Plays Kool also do some cycle wing brackets to bolt to vacant dust shield holes - they've been fitted to loads of Westfields  ;)  :D  ;)

since it sounds like they fit, which is better (read cheaper/easier to fit/more aesthetically pleasing): Tiger or Dax?

Only seen/used the Tiger ones... ;)  and they were fine :D