Race seats

sweaty

Anyone that is planning on fitting the Westfield race seats beware. I completed the alli panelling on my Megablade a while back and thought it would be a good idea to drill through the holes that are predrilled into the chassis for the seat mounting. Now at the stage of fitting the seats I find that the predrilled chassis holes are not for the race seats and now have 8 extra drainage holes in the bottom of the car.

Maybe this is already known but if it saves someone making the same mistake as me then its worthwhile.

Brian

Cheers Sweaty,

But your 2 weeks too late mate.

Made the same mistake 2 weeks ago - agree good drainage  ;) .

The fun of seat fitting only gets better when you get to the harness.

All built now and test driven  :)  :)  so worth all the grief.

John

Brian,

I didn't fit the panels myself but found the same thing... the pre-drilled holes are for some lardy seat and not the race seats. I posted a thread not too long ago with the description mallet or drill  (http://wscc.ggr.net/cgi-bin/BB/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=3;t=5886;hl=mallet+and+drill)

. Seems a lot of us have fallen foul of this!

Andrew

My race seats come with adjustable runners. Having a right game trying to fit this puzzle together. Ideal solution is to fit the runners inboard of the seat frame but they seem to be handed which will not allow this. If anyone has any useful pictures on the fitment of these seats it would be appreciated. I am almost tempted to forget the adjustable runners but I think the extra height might help me see over the aeroscreen.

Thanks

Brian : :

the pre-drilled holes are for some lardy seat and not the race seats

Ooooooo you race boys ...........  

:D  I take it Steppen has the lardy kind then!  :xmas:

Sorry wasn't intending to "big tar brush" seat types! It's bad enough having the various Westie sub-groups joust over the  XE/Zetec/X-flow/Busa/Bird/Blade/V8/Diesel/Misc engine choice without wishing to spread the event to seat choice ;) !

I simply called them race seats as that is what the factory call them ... perhaps I should of used the term "Waif-Like" seats! Perhaps I should of used pc metaphor "Adequetely Padded" ;)  :p

I know I got mine cos they were the cheapest option and would ensure that I could shoe horn my frame into the Westie.

Lardy race seats am bestest  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :cool:  :cool:

I take it Steppen has the lardy kind then!

Sad but true - and very comfy they are too  :D

Dear Mr. Webmaster,

I like Busapower2001's basic idea so can we please have a sub-group for lardy seat owners who also have Zetec engines in yellow cars? No outsiders please ......

My race seats come with adjustable runners. Having a right game trying to fit this puzzle together. Ideal solution is to fit the runners inboard of the seat frame but they seem to be handed which will not allow this. If anyone has any useful pictures on the fitment of these seats it would be appreciated. I am almost tempted to forget the adjustable runners but I think the extra height might help me see over the aeroscreen.

Click on the pics for bigger ones :D:t-up:

thmb_body%20017.jpg thmb_body%20018.jpg

i have race seats and also weigh in at 14.5 st ,so where does this put me then.

Not even close....  In the chubby but not the real thing sub group  :p  :p

I'm sure Mark will be along in a moment to suggest a sliding scale WSCC membership fee....   The smaller you are the bigger the fee  ;)  ;)