Fuel tank and inertia switch

Taurus

Just taken delivery of a fuel tank from Westfield. There are two connections at the base of the tank, one in the swirl pot and the other just a bit further along. There is also a red connection ?? at the top of the tank. Am I correct in thinking that this is a breather?

Also the inertia switch seems to be very sensitive. I only have to tap it against my knee and it disengages. Has anyone had any experience of this. Is there a specific way in which they must be installed.

TIA,

Peter.

Sorry, cannot comment on the tank as it is a different design to mine ( I do not have a swirl pot ) but I have fitted an inertia switch for the fuel pump even though it could be argued that it is not necessary as the ECU will turn off the pump within 3 seconds of the engine stopping. There is a small plate welded to the chassis just in front of the fuel tank on the offside of the car and it fits here with two bolts after you have drilled the two required holes. The red button should be on the top. Mine has never gone off by mistake but I tested it thoroughly before installing it.