Software update tonight ×

Throw away the manual

neilwillis

I got my new toy on Thursday having read every word of the manual 10 times over in the last few weeks.

How old is the manual?   I think it is time Westfield invested in a few loose leaf folders, and at least slipped the odd revision sheet in.

Front Upper wishbone bolts too short, entirely different radiator, 2 mysterious green wires sticking out of the loom at the back, Bodywork entirely different from either of those mentioned.   And that is after just 2 days playing with the bits!!  :angry:

I know they have a good help line, but just think how much less busy they'd be if they revised their literature more regularly.   ???

(Sorry Mark, I'm knocking em again)  :blush:  

But still, it's going together really well.   I'm in love with my car    :love:

I'll see you at the bar on Sunday night then  ;)  :D  ;)  :)  :D  ;)  take some pen and paper and a build manual to mark up some addendums  :D  :p  ;)  :)  :blush:  :blush:

Its a challenge - you'll get a great sense of achievement  :D  :)  :D eventually,  I'll dig out my first build manual - you just don't know how lucky you are  :D  :p  ;)  :D  :)

There are two examples of ones we made earlier in the garage if you wanna see and prod at  ;)  :D  :)  :D

I'll be there Mark, and yes, I am having a lot of fun in my garage just lately  :D

I'm sure driving it will be a real anti climax   :sheep:

OK, just kidding  :devil:

My Midas build manual ran to 5 pages!!!

As you can imagine it was not that descriptive when doing a full build.

Helpfull phrases like "now fit the engine and subframe assy to the body" and "now fit the rear suspension" still make mw smile today.

My Kyosho Landmax 8th scale Ford Focus WRC RC model had a 31 page bulid manual!!!!!

Chaz

The days of kit car pioneers........

Reminds me of a thread here a while back in the vein of Monty Python.   When I were a lad....

:)

Those two wires at the back also had me confused, but they are important as your fuel pump feed will not be live unless you are fitting a fuel inertia switch, which uses those two wires.  If not all you do is connect the two wires together which I did with one of the numerous spare connectors I had.

By the way check you have bulbs fitted in the rear light units as it took me the best part of 4 (very frustrating) hours to fathom out why my lights didn't work.  Also there was no bulb fitted to the brake warning lamp and both the sidelight holders in the headlamps needed modifying as the wire was pulling the bulb away from the fitting.