The Day Has Arrived

waynem

After months of waiting and resarching, I finally pick up my starter kit and sundries from Westfield this Friday...  :D

A little bit of apprehension, but looking forward to it..

Maybe my avatar will soon be my four wheeled beastie, rather than my two wheeled one....... :t-up:

Wayne M

Enjoy yourself Wayne, I had a great day going to the factory to collect my kit, in many ways more exciting than when I've collected other new cars!

I quite envy you, I really enjoyed my build. Don't get me wrong, driving my new baby round is terrific, but I fancy doing some more building...

Have fun, the factory were good when I picked up my kit - went through loads of tips and pointers while we checked off the parts list and loaded the van. Take loads of old blankets , curtains & stuff (she'll never miss 'em - honest guv) anything to prevent gelcoat from getting scratched

but I fancy doing some more building...

Well you gotta ain't ya Bob  :p  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :)

The day I collected my kit there was a total eclipse of the sun - the following extract from my build diary tells how good it felt:-

"11/08/99 Total eclipse of sun totally eclipsed by trip to Kingswinford to collect new kit! Leave at 5.00 with Simon and Adam and have full greasy on way arriving at 9.05. Gavin starts to load onto truck and we go through a cross check of all parts. Very professionally carried out and great care taken with all parts. 2 window pillars and one front shock absorber missing (they already knew this and promised delivery to me within a few days). Give Holly a Yorkie Bar to prove that we are now fully fledged truckers and leave for home at 11.30. Arrive home at 4.0 and start to unload which we complete by 6.00 so return truck to rightful owner ....... "

I envy you, have a great trip!

Well you gotta ain't ya Bob  :p  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :)

Don't encourage me. As club chairman you should know better. The Autosport trip gave me an itchy spanner hand ... Westfield assure me there's as much legroom in an XTR2 as a Megablade. And I know I shouldn't mention it in here, but I did have a nasty little episode when I was drawn towards the dark side  :0  :devil:

Sorry about the slow response...

For some reason my 'puter hasn't been letting me connect.

Its a conspiracy!  :angry:

Just when I need the advice of you guys I'm left high and dry.

Just makes me appreciate your advice more!!! :)

Picked the kit up fine. The box of bits in the garage is a bit daunting, but this weekend I hope to make a good start!! The traditional Build Diary Web page will be soon to follow!!!

Cheers  :t-up:

Stocked up on the drill bits...

I've put the two front bulkhead panels on, and the drill bit seems to have already lost its bite. A good B+D Pihrana jobbie too...

Actually, the first task of the weekend is to try and get some fuel pipe ( No point trying Halfords I suppose.. ;) ) but only after repeating to myself, "I must not rush the build!" a few thousand times......

Changed my mind on drill bit supplier, I bought my 4.1mm bits from Unifix.com originally but now I would suggest

www.engineeringsupplies.com

Carbide tipped stub 4.1mm drill - you should only need one to do the whole car!!

Mike