• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Ally Panel Sizes

DavidC

I don't get my kit until the end of Feb, but I want to start making enquiries about getting the Ally Panels powder coated black.

Could someone give me a rough length and width/height measurement of the rear bulkhead panel, the 2 floor panels (SEiW) that sit under the seats, and the trans tunnel side panels?

Cheers

David C

ps: Should I just paint them rather than pay for coating??

once you start with paint and it starts coming off you will wish you had'nt, power coating is alot more durable and a better finish, IMHO like :0

Tough powder coating may be but with any flexing, it tends to crack and flake off.

One thing to point out is that you will have to ensure that all panel edges within the cockpit are covered or suitably radiused.  Carpets cover a lot of sins but there is no reason why you couldn't put in good edging.

I'll try to remember to measure up my panels tonight when I get home

Cheers.

I think I'll just get the tunnel carpet piece, or get one made.

But for the rear bulkhead panel and the floor I have no intention of fitting carpets...to much rain in this country for carpets in a car with no roof!!!

I'll put a drain plug in a floor panel instead :D  :p

DC

David,

I passed SVA with no carpets - no problem.

You can get some rubber trim like this: --O in cross section (if you see what I mean) which you fit between the panels and forms a radiussed edge along the top of the tunnel.

Also I have powder coated panels - much better IMO, but I got mine done at the factory.

Moom.

You could also call Andy at Cat Motorsport for powder coating  ;)  :)

Not keen on anodising.

All the ally panels on the car in my avatar are anodised, and it gets worn and looks tatty.

Has anyone measured me some panels yet?

DC

I really don't see the need to treat the ally panels of the car, other than to protect them from salt, etc in winter, by an oil spray.

Both my previous Westies, 5 year old and 7 year old, have had undersides that you could eat your dinner off ;)

and they were'nt cosseted :0  ;)

Brian.