Wing mirrors....

uk89camaro

Hi,

I'd like tofit some "wing" mirrors to my car.

I've just bought a 1998 Westfield that doesn't have wing mirrors, and has the windscreen side mounts that don't take the official Westfield product, as below. (My side mounts don't have the rounded part that accepts the bolt on mirror).

347.jpg

As I don't fancy spending £300+ just to replace the windscreen with mirrors, does anyone know if the sidemount part can be purchased separately, or what the decent alternatives are.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul,

You have several options here as far as I can see:

1) Ditch the windscreen altogether and fit an Aeroscreen with Suzuki Gsxr Bike Mirrors like this

2) Fit Mirror to the actual bodywork just in front or behind of the screen like this.

3) Screw some to the actual uprights like this or Like this

4) Buy some uprights from Westfield or 2nd hand and fit the metro mirrors as viewed on your post

Hope that helps

Tiggs

Thanks for that, I like the mirrors that are mounted to the existing screen uprights, but haven't seen any like that on fleabay recently, I will keep looking.

Thanks for the reply.

(Sorry if this is out of order, but is the official Westfield site a bit of a mare to navigate/search on??)

Thanks for that, I like the mirrors that are mounted to the existing screen uprights, but haven't seen any like that on fleabay recently, I will keep looking.

Thanks for the reply.

(Sorry if this is out of order, but is the official Westfield site a bit of a mare to navigate/search on??)

No problems :D

With regards to the "official Westfield site" which one do you mean?

http://www.wscc.co.uk = The official Westfield Sports Car Club website

http://boardroom.wscc.co.uk/cgi-bin? = The official Westfield Sports Car Club Forum (where you are now) :)

http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.uk = The official Westfield Sport Car Manufacturers Website

the latter......

not exactly a great navigation experience...

the latter......

not exactly a great navigation experience...

Ah yes, not the best site in the world by a long shot.

Hopefully they will bow to my suggestions and get me to update it for them one of these days :D

Good luck with the mirrors anyway

Tiggs