• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Vx or Zetec

driftawayuk

I have come to the conclusion that I am the master of putting the horse before the cart!

I visited the factory and ordered the single donor car kit. Came home, read up, changed mind. re-ordered a SEiW. I then bought an engine, 2.0l zetec..not! took it back got my money back.. I then bought another Zetec.. too young .. took it back got my money back..I then bought a pair of 45 Dellorto's.. read up.. decided to go injection..sold Dellorto's in 30 mins (for what I paid for them)injection is more money but (in my humble opinion) better resale value...bought all my donor parts from Andy Hewing.. no problem.. but I specified a MT75 box..NOW!!! I fancy a Vx 2.0L.. seems it gives you more power for less money ??? but it needs a type 9 box ???? I have searched, read, searched and read.. I am now getting really close to delivery date and I still have not got a power plant..would somebody (especially the shamen of the group) please list for me the requirements for the Vx 2.0L? Which engine (type), starter, alternator, clutch,(cable hydraulic),bellhousing etc etc..I will be buying a complete injection kit from such likes as Alpha, Scholar or somebody like this.. Please just a list will be dandy..this money is burning a blo**y great hole but I need to get it right this time.. TIA

Mike Dempsey

( I must rate as one of the most undecisive builders on the site.. but then again I'm not sure) :blush:

If you have any probs regarding vx stuff speak to SBD, they have been very helpful with all bits and pieces regarding the rebuild of our engine, couldnt ask for more help.

Good luck

mike

ps their number is: 02083 910121

So its the Zeeeeetec/MT75 route then Mike  ;)

are you sure now  ;)