Westfield Megabusa - 2010

PGB

Westfield Megabusa.  Registered May 2010 on a 10-plate. Has done less than 1,000 miles since delivery, but this should increase a bit if sun shines next week  :)

This car was kicked off as a project to help my son graduate from the University of Life.  Following several karting years we needed something to keep us busy and stumbled upon an un-started Starter Kit that was followed by a huge amount of materials from Westfield and other well known suppliers over a few years.

I have to confess that eventually work related activity became too much for us to complete the build, compounded by an overly onerous IVA test and Registration process, so the car was completed at the Westfield factory.   Mr. MW was reasonably complimentary about the car.  You can order a new Megabusa from Westfield with list price well over 20K and I think you may get carpets included, but unless (with hindsight) you really, really want the thrill and challenge (read frustration and expense) of building your own Westfield, my advice is just go out and buy one and enjoy it.  Unfortunately, with work continuing to get in the way, and a 2 wheeled toy to play with, this Westfield is just not going to get the use and attention it deserves in the foreseeable future.

So it’s ready to go to a good home.  Or any other kind of home actually.

On offer at £14,999 ONO – and I do mean any sensible 5 figure O.N.O. will be considered.   Please contact me with any questions.  Several build sequence photos available too.

Car is located in Central Scotland.  Delivery can be arranged for agreed fuel cost.

I’ll lift some photos later, but for now my original story was posted here

http://boardroom.wscc.co.uk/cgi-bin....29;st=0

Outline spec for this car is:

Westfield SEiW powder coated space frame chassis with alloy panels

Orange bodywork with detachable rear wings

Carbon Nose Cone

Carbon Cycle Wings

1300 cc Suzuki Hayabusa engine from 1999 (T) bike – I rode it home and it ran like clockwork at 6,500 miles – now done less than 7,500 miles and Westfield set it up perfectly

Westfield dry sump kit

3.6 LSD from Ford Granada with IRS Westfield suspension

Reverse box – late addition by Westfield to meet IVA

13 inch wheels

205x13 A032 Tyres

Hi Spec 4 Pot Front Calipers

Rear Discs

Cobra Seats

Sabelt 4 Point Harnesses

Momo Wheel

Stack 8100 Series Dash with Analogue Rev Counter, Digital Speedo, Miles, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Air Temp (no sensor), Fuel (needs calibrating)

RAC Roll Bar

I have the V5 in my name.  As a new car MOT is 2013 and Tax is April 2011.

What’s NOT fitted: Windscreen, Wipers, Washers, Hood, Heater, Radio, CD, Sat Nav, Carpet, Trim, Spare Wheel, Boot Box (available)

The joys of playing with buckets of photos:

Seems a long time ago

Ad01.jpg

Ad02.jpg

Things to stop you.

Ad03.jpg

Got the Busa motor fired up.

Ad04.jpg

The boring end

Ad05.jpg

IVA wheel for a few days

Ad06.jpg

That's better

Ad07.jpg

Sorry this one is a bit fuzzy - shaky phone camera

Ad08.jpg

As it arrived home from Westfield factory

Ad09.jpg

• 1 month later...
thats a helluva buy for someone. Even coming into the off season for Westfields, its surely going to sell quickly at that money

Looks like a real bargain for someone - I'm sure it'll go easily at that price. Hope it stays north of the border, we don't have that many up here!

Cheers,

Matt

ps - PGB - you wouldn't happen to have a spare nosecone would you?

I've swapped a few PMs and have a serious (?) prospective buyer coming on Friday.

ps - no spare nose cone, just a 2 piece prop shaft for no reverse box

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.