motorhome wanted??

JeffC

:blush:  :blush: long shot but anyone thinkin of selling a motorhome? minimum of 5 berth and garage would be handy  :suspect:  :suspect:

is it for going racing?

i've got a good race truck/motorhome for sale but is only 4 berth room for one on the floor tho lol

cheers

mitch

just sold an old shape sprinter that i built to sell, and still have my new shape sprinter that ive converted which is spot on for the 3 karts and 3 of us on weekends away we are doing 6 weekends racing  on the trot at the mo  :t-up:

BUT my youngest lad age 7 has just had his first go in a kart and loves it   :0  :0   so if all 4 of us are racing and swmbo comes along we will need a trailer and something bigger  :oops: and thinking if we bought a good motorhome as well as weekend use we could use it during the week to take off for a few days when the kids r off  :t-up:  :durr:

current race van

IMG_2817.jpg

is it for going racing?

i've got a good race truck/motorhome for sale but is only 4 berth room for one on the floor tho lol

cheers

mitch

kart racing ? what u got then  :t-up:

hi

it might be a little old for you buts its a merc 1989 709d it was pro converted in 2002 with everything u need plus a big 6x3 meter gh arwing with sides etc and its real tidy for age

i've used it for motox for the last 8 years, if your intrested i can send you some pics via email

cheers

mitch

Do be careful when looking at motorhomes with "garages" ......... because you have to be really careful not to over-load them  ;)  and they could make your living area stinky with oil and fuel.... not good for resale.

Garage's on some models sometimes have large rear overhang  :blush:  :D not always good if you also want to tow  ;)  ;)

Also consider a motorhome with towbar to pull a suitable self contained trailer for all your karts and kit  :D

Good Luck  :D  :)

thats about what i had in mind just not sure I could spend £30,000 on a Renault, tbh im not sure I would spend £30 on a renault  :oops:

Mark I take on board your comments on the garage thing, at the mo my sprinter has all the weight behind the wheels and its fine although it does sit a tad low , only want to fit a cadet in garage and other karts will fit in trailer.  :t-up:

That's not too far off the mark for a bespoke motorhome/racetruck unit ....... they're b****y expensive  :(  

............but do check out its possible to fit a towbar if you also want a trailer - the towbar must be fitted to chassis and often the rear garage section is supported on "extensions" strong enough for motorhome but not always to fit a tow-bar to  :)

But also think of the good times ahead with holidays in the camper touring europe  ;)  ;)  :D  with a couple of scooters in the back  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  :D

they're all dodgy characters....

from my experience they all are  :oops:

couldnt fancy a left hooker and defo not a petrol scranner  :0  :0  :0  :D

Mark I see what you mean now about the tow bar and the rear extended part good point  :t-up:

Jeff - take a trip to one of the big retailers such as Brownhills even just to have a nosy around the different layouts and styles  ;)  ;)   you might need more "day space" so a fixed bed might not be best option or visa versa .......  ;) make sure you take all the clan to ensure you have one big enough  ;)  ;)

Jeff

with your skills I'd have thought you would have picked up a s/h 7.5 tonner at the auctions. You can get a half decent one for about 3k. You can convert the interior for living and have A garage at the backwith taillift if your lucky.

I've seen some s***e on eBay for silly money so with a decent job you would probably see a decent return. If you've no time you could convert a horsebox. Living area already done. Would just need to get rid of the smell of horse s**t!

Jeff

with your skills I'd have thought you would have picked up a s/h 7.5 tonner at the auctions. You can get a half decent one for about 3k. You can convert the interior for living and have A garage at the backwith taillift if your lucky.

I've seen some s***e on eBay for silly money so with a decent job you would probably see a decent return. If you've no time you could convert a horsebox. Living area already done. Would just need to get rid of the smell of horse s**t!

it may be on the cards,  ;)  when i get 5mins im going to see my pal that built my last couple of trailers he builds upper class horse boxes and see what he will charge me to build something pucker , he makes some proper fancy units and thinking about it what he makes is pretty much what i want just with a smaller garage and more living  :t-up:  :t-up:

it may be on the cards,  ;)  when i get 5mins im going to see my pal that built my last couple of trailers he builds upper class horse boxes and see what he will charge me to build something pucker , he makes some proper fancy units and thinking about it what he makes is pretty much what i want just with a smaller garage and more living  :t-up:  :t-up:

It would make sense Jeff. You could have an on board generator, to save messing about with a portable, and an awning on the side etc, etc.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.