Wheels - will they fit?

MarkJ

Hi guys,

Have the chance of buying some c******m superlite alloys, 13" of course, fitted with 185/60 tyres, so I'm assuming they are 6" wide. They are 4 stud fittings, as are the hubs on my standard-body SE - but will they fit? I am measuring the wheel centre measurement tonight and ringing the vendor then, but what about offsets and all that. I have no idea what the 'offset' is, and how 'spacers' correct them if they're wrong. Are there any standardised measurements, or are all axles/hubs and wheels different? (Oh, and what difference does having the wrong offset make, I get the impression that the wheels wobble, am I wrong?)

Mark.  ???

Make sure they are Ford stud pattern & not Ital.

As for offsets, this is a bit of a mine-field, but if they fit a c******m they should not be a million miles away.

Generally the higher the offset the closer the inner edge/rim of the wheel to the middle of the car. If the off set was 0 then this would meen that the inner side of the hub was in the center of the width of the wheel. (I think that this is correct but just check with a few others first.) This meens that if they have too high an offset you can get spacers but if its too low your knacered.

:0  :arse:

Andy :t-up:

I believe the standard wheel offset will be the same (ET18).

However as said before make sure they are a ford fit. Some of the live axle ones have an ital rear axle and some have triumph?? front end

Clive

Standard offset for DeDion c******m wheels is either ET21, or ET23, can't remember which, not that it makes much difference..........

My sprint car runs a set of K&N Minators (Minilite look-a-likes) with "standard* c******m DeDion offsets, and they fit fine. I tried a set of 7x13 Superlites (ET16 offset, which again, is standard c******m DD offset), and they stuck out too far..........

c******m Superlite wheels MAY be 6.5" if they are the split rim type? They should still fit a Westie with no bother though.

JL  ???

john how the f**k would you know what wheels fit a westfield  :arse: i seem to remember both your rear wheels falling off at aintree  :arse:  :0  :arse: because the holes in the wheels were to big for the wheel nut's  :durr:  :durr:  :durr:

If you're talking about the five-spoke ones (branded KN) with bolts at either side of each spoke (ie 10 per wheel) then I would avoid them.

They are rather quirky wheels that were made by welding the inner and outer spun rims together and then bolting them to the alloy hub. Effectively they're two-piece wheels, so if you bend a rim you have to bin the wheel (and the original company who made them won't want to know - trust me, I rang them!;)

The welded construction also gives problems with air leaks.

I'd suggest you go for something such as MBE three-piece wheels (who currently supply Catering Van) or three-piece Image wheels. Much better construction and you can get spare parts.

mr powerslide they fit ford pcd  front hub's on de dion cars ,which are fitted to spitfire upprights ( modded ) because the rears are ford pcd ,ie 4x4 sierra hubs and callipers , ;) don't even ask how i know this  :( ohhhhhh my god it's all true its true i used to own one  :(  ??? i was a bad mistake ,i will never never do it again  :arse:  :)

Thanks all - I measured the centre measurement between the diagonal hub studs last night which was 4.25 inches. Spoke to the seller and it appears his are 4 inches, so that's b*******ed that then.

ATB,

Mark.  :)