Air filters and SVA

Pembroke Pat

I have a 2.0l zetec with twin 45's and rather long venturi's which will require a hole through the bonnet.  This concerns me wrt SVA.  If I can get a filter that will pass SVA then no problem other wise I will have to remove the venturis and filter for the test.

Any idea of a suitable filter ( with suitable radii)

I recently went through SVA at Leighton Buzzard with a hole in the bonnet and protruding trumpets (Pinto on 45's) without any trouble (not with that anyway!;). I had Ramair push on foam filters on the trumpets and the edges of the oblong cut-out were covered in the edging supplied with the SVA kit (tacked on with Superglue - they won't accept anything that's not 'permanent';).

Not a bad idea to have a chat with the people at the SVA centre to see what lights 'em up as, from evidence on this website, they all seem to have different views.

Liam :D  :D  :D

cheers.  I have been looking at some pipercross filters with the foam only protruding from the bonnet and of course the inevitable edging.  If that is a problem then the push on filters may be just the job