Hello WSCC

ChrisF

Music to my ears  :D  and you got a CVH  :cool:  :cool:  :D  :blush:  :devil:  :)  Now get ready for summer  :cool:

:D …….G’day Chris, good to have you on board.

;) ……er, if that’s a picture of your Westfield I think you’ve been kippered.

Thanks for the welcome.

I got a SEiW with a 1600 cvh (have had good experience of this engine in the past), all supplied by westfield.  It is well put together and has only 1500 dry miles.  

The only mod is twin 40's but apart from that it is as standard. I will run it for a while before deciding what to up-rate.

I contacted Westfield to get details of the specification and what they do to the engines etc before supply however they were not very helpful. They cannot even supply me with a copy of the build manual - apparently they do not make them anymore ???

Any info would be of use.

Hello!

It's always nice to hear of new CVH owners!

Well done in your purchase. IMHO The choice of engine was the right choice despite what some may say.  With the CVH being so very light, when put in a Westie it creates very even and balanced handling.  

The power and torque of the CVH may not be as much as the modern engines, but that can be solved relatively easily. For your interest, I've just upgraded mine to a 2.0 Ferriday CVH.  Excellent upgrade path at less than half the price of upgrading to other engines. 160bhp, 180lb/ft of torque with standard ford cam! Could achieve 175+ at the flywheel given a new cam and flowed head.

Where are you in the Country?  If you are down south it would be good to meet up sometime.

Best Regards,

Nev

Cheers Chaz and Chris

Hi Nev

I also like the cvh, I have dabbled at various motorsport in the past and once sprinted an XR3 with good results.  

I shall spend this summer enjoying the Westfield to see how it performes and if I find the limit soon, I will up-rate the cam and take it from there.  

I live in Norfolk, near Kings Lynn - not far from T***R I was looking at one of their cars initially.  To cut a long story short, I bought the Westfield, it is alot better package.

Were are you in based?  I travel all over the country regularly so maybe we can meet.

Regards

:D