Alternative to standard Boot Box

stevewi

Hi All,

I'm new to the Westfield Forum and now have about a 75% completed megabusa.

I have the RAC Roll bar, and cannot be bothered with all the hassle to modify the boot box(bird bath) to fit. Its not like I'm ever going to use it.

Does anyone know of any alternatives to the standard boot box. eg a cover or something.

PS Any other Megabusa owners in the beds/herts area.

Thanks

Steve

Steve on my Megabusa I managed to fit the bootbox (and I'm using the RAC roll bar with fixed rear supports!;) it's quite a fiddly job but not impossible. It's been surprisingly useful, too (storing helmet, the odd bag etc).

Playskool do carbon-fibre sheets to fit the hole too and can even cut them to fit for reasonable money, too.

If you have any problems with your build let me know and I'll try to help.

I have a 1mm thick ali sheet covering up my bootbox area.  It has an outer piece frame which has the RAC bars going through it then the inner rectangle has some quick release poppers on it so you can take it out and work on the diff area easily.

Hi Steve

I am about the same way through my build and located in Hertfordshire (Broxbourne).

E-mail me should you wish to make contact.

Regards

Steve :cool: