Any thoughts on this sale

sailing

Please find attached  an offer for my Westfield by  a bloke who wants to pay by Paypal  or Bank Transfer. What can go wrong.??

Obviously I would not release the car until I had the cash in the bank.

Urgent thoughts on possible pit falls please.

Tony

Hello thanks for the message. i have so much interest in the immediate purchase of this Car. I will be offering you the 4,900pounds for it. I will only be able paying you via paypal or bank transfer. Am from Bolton, but am presently India for a conference,I saw this advert with a colleagues here in the conference hall, and i like the car. I want to purchase it for my family and i want it to be a surprise to them all. my phone is not working here i should have called you to discuss this issue, neither will i be come to view the car, i will contact a shipping company to come to you for the pick after the payment has been confirmed. if you don't have a paypal account you can easily log in to www.paypal.co.uk to set up the account with them. I will appreciate it if you can send me more pictures, also why are you selling the car, is the car in a good condition? i will like to take a look.

Thanks

> From: a.obrien60@ntlworld.com

> To: johnwesley1967@yahoo.co.uk

> Subject: Re: 'Westfield 7SE narrow body 1987 2.0L - 16 Valve C20XE' at PistonHeads.com

> Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:33:33 +0100

>

> John,

>

> Sorry for the slow reply I have been away. Yes the car is still for sale and

> the price is £4,950.

>

> Regards

>

> Tony

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: "John"

> To:

> Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2010 4:16 PM

> Subject: RE: 'Westfield 7SE narrow body 1987 2.0L - 16 Valve C20XE' at

> PistonHeads.com

>

>

> > http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1838870.htm

> >

> > Hello mate. I will like to know if you still have this westfield for

> > sale. What is the final price for it? Hope to read back from you soon.

> >

> > John

:devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :laugh:  :laugh:  :D  has he got a nigerian cousin  :D  :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:

Scam :D:D:D

do not touch with a barge pole

This is rich

"I want to purchase it for my family"

I suspect he is going to convert it to a four seater by adding a dicky seat in place of the spare wheel carrier.

Maybe this is a cut and paste job of some text used for any fantom car purchase.

Still anything is possible so I hope its not a genuine bloke from Bolton  :bangshead:

It's a complete and total rip off.

John, stay away from it! £4950 Tony's havin a laff.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Simeon,

This is a straight deal, give me all your bank details and when the the money arrives I will leave the car in a service station close to you to save you a trip . Honest!!!

Some people are so mistrustful.

How's a guy expected to early a straight buck these days

Regards

Tonys

Would be worth the double bluff, buy a model of a burgervan ask for the money and ship the model. He would get two things he did not expect a model and one of a lesser mark.  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Yeah, he must be buying one for each member of his family cos i've had the exact same emails!!!

Hello thanks for the message. i have so much interest in the immediate purchase of this Car. I will be offering you the 4,900pounds for it. I will only be able paying you via paypal or bank transfer. Am from Bolton, but am presently India for a conference,I saw this advert with a colleagues here in the conference hall, and i like the car. I want to purchase it for my family and i want it to be a surprise to them all. my phone is not working here i should have called you to discuss this issue, neither will i be come to view the car, i will contact a shipping company to come to you for the pick after the payment has been confirmed. if you don't have a paypal account you can easily log in to www.paypal.co.uk to set up the account with them. I will appreciate it if you can send me more pictures, also why are you selling the car, is the car in a good condition?

got my car for sale on pistonheads got the same message from the same  guy called "JOHN" same email address as your john when i got  the second message i sent a nice message back saying he could go and do nice things to him self and guess what he hasn't emailed back.

Yeah, he must be buying one for each member of his family cos i've had the exact same emails!!!

Yep, me too! Gets around a bit - he was in Australia when he emailed me!!  :suspect:  :suspect:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.