Need clutch bits etc......

hilux

.......yes I have tried the search function :angry:

I`m changing the clutch and release bearing as a precaution while the cars in bits.

Cannot get a release bearing from local factors during this Xmas break. ???  Asked for a release bearing for a sierra type 9 but they have too small a diameter for what I have (type 9 onto vx) :(

I have seen mention of saab and transit release bearings, can anyone get me the part no please, also the clutch part no assuming its a vauxhall part as its on the flywheel.

Also (finally) is the clutch cable a westfield part or ford or VX. I only ask cos I didnt build it.

PS anyone got a SEIW (VX engine) build manual I could borrow to copy so as to check bolt/screw references/torques etc etc

Thanks in anticipation :love:  :love:

I work for a motor factor and have been unable to find the correct bearing so far. In the end I bought one from SBD which is correct being round nosed not square like most others. The Saab bit you metioned is a concentric slave cylinder, this fits inside the bellhousing again on a special mount and requires a hydraulic master cylinder and pedal set up fabricating. Too much hassle for me but apparantly it works well and is self adjusting. The clutch cable is a Ford item so just take the cable and measure it up, iirc it is 1600 capri mk2. For the torque settings etc again on the SBD website they are all posted. If you do find the right numbers for the release bearing let me know.

Thanks Jeff

As I thought this is a bigger problem than it first appears cos the release bearing I have is exactly the same build and dimensions as the sierra type but the centre is a larger diameter to fit over the spline sleeve.

Does SBD`s fit on the ford relase arm then :durr:

Is the transit (rwd) bearing the same as the sierra cos it may have a bigger spline sleeve diameter  ???

Cheers

Hilux

yes it is a ford arm which I suspect is off a later sierra, the picture on the SBDwebsite shows the one I have. It has a Square hole into which the bearing fits, this goes over the inout shaft guide on the box perfectly.Not sure on the transit bit but afterI had opened about 30 different boxes all with the wrong bit I gave in and bought the correct part.

HTH jeff