TTS Dry sump

stevemiller

I'm using a TTS dry sump of my Busa engine.  I have now reached the plumbing stage and am a bit confused.....

I was intending to order an ARH (I think that is what it is called) tank.  Can anyone explain the plumbing, will I need a catchment tank as used on the Westfield system, what size pipes, threads etc  and where can I get them.

Thanks

Steve :D

Steve

I have just ordered one but have not put on the engine (it's going to Holeshot in the next few weeks)

Would be interested in the answers.  When I spoke to Richard at TTS he said you need #16 and #12 fittings and suggested a tank from PACE which I have ordered.

I recall getting a mail from a Steve in cambridge - is this you?

Regards

David :)

Hi David

It wasn't me who e-mailed you before. I'm in Broxbourne.

I was put off by someone on this site from using pace tanks as they are apparantely very thin and the vibration from the engine splits them.

AH Fabrication were recommended and I had a look at their web site today and they look a nice bit of kit. They are closed for the moment otherwise I would have ordered one.

I assume that you run a pipe from the top of the scavenger pump which is a large male thread to the oil cooler from the cooler to the top of the tank and then back to the engine on the tapping near the oil filter.  If that is the case (which it cant be) whats the plain spiggot at the rear of the dry sump?  I would have got TTS to clarify if they had been open.  Can you help?

Regards

Steve :cool:

Hi Steve

I have changed my clutch for a Barnet racing clutch and uprated springs, I have also removed crank shaft counter balance.

regards

steve :cool:

I was a bit surprised the kit came with no instructions.  I imagine I will have the same problems so please let us know the answer.

There are some pictures on their website of bikes with the dry sump kit fitted that might help.

I have used PACE before when I charge cooled my previous Cosworth turbo ZEI220 and have confidence in their parts.  They actually supply the oil pump to TTS !!.  As with anything made of welded alloy critical that it is carefylly mounted on rubber or it will fracture.

I'm in Herts also near J9 M1 so might be able to meet up.  I have a folding engine hoist that you are welcome to borrow when you get to that stage.

David

David,

Thanks for the offer of the hoist I just got home after hijacking 3 of my neighbours who helped me pop the engine in. Only took three minutes!!! Now the hard part.

How much do you know about the electrics?

I've been studying the Hiabusa workshop manual  and am starting to understand things a little bit better but would love to talk it through with someone who has already done it...

I find it ridiculous that the build manual tells you in great detail how to install the car wiring loom which I could have easily worked out myself but leaves you on your own with the most complicated bit.

Regards

Steve

:cool:

Steve,

The removal of the counterbalance is a common mod, it is fitted to the engine to stop the vibration transmitting up your arms and vibrating the mirrors when riding a bike.  I'm told that you should not notice the difference in a car and I believe there is a slight power gain.

Steve  :cool:

Steve

You're build is ahead of me on that one. can't help on electrics at the moment I'm afraid.

Regards

David