Help with engine identification

driftawayuk

I have bought a (alleged) zetec 2.oL engine. from another site I have identified it as a April 95 model.

However, information from a friend on the T*g*r site he tels me it might not be a Zetec. The manual dizzy in situated on the right hand side of the head after the last exhaust port.

The dipstick is on the front left hand side.

Can anybody identify this engine or suggest a site that might have the ID via the engine number?

The engine number prefix is "SE"

Thanks and Merry Christmas one and all

:xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:

Hiya Stu,

thanks for the pix but it's not like the sierra pic at all. It looks like the zetec from the top (oil filler left rear)

i am very very confused ???  ???

You're not the only one............

How is the engine oriented when you look at it? Are you facing the cams, the exhausts, or inlet side of the engine?

'Cos if you're facing the cam pulleys, the oil filler is right rear.

If you're facing the exhausts (ie cam pulleys to the left) the oil filler is front right.

If you're facing the inlet side (cam pulleys to the right) the oil filler is indeed left rear. You'll need to help us along a little..........

UPDATE !! the engine number prefix is FS and not SE (not sure how that came about?)Facing cam pulleys oil filler is right rear. Alternator left mid, thermostat left front, marked DOHC 16v on right rocker cover. No spark plug canal between rocker cover , almost flush with rocker cover tops. Sorry but without a pic it's very hard. Will have pix tomorrow! (bought my dearest a digi cam for christmas!;)

thanks again

:durr:

DOHC 16v

Could it be one the earlier Ford Zeta engines, not around for very long  ;)  rather than a Zetec  ???  ???  ???

Without pics, possible the quicker way is to get hold of the Ford part number from one of the major UNIQUE components.

The prefix (first 3 to 5 letters and digits) will identify the engine.

Probably the easiest UNIQUE part to view will be the Cam Cover - the part number will be on the inside of this.