• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Woodruff Key

BigRuss

Anyone know where I can buy just the key for a c20xe crank pulley. I managed to break mine taking the pulley off.

Are they standard items that you can measure then buy like a bolt, or is it an engine specific item?

Thanks!

I think that the key is integral to the pulley. I've not come across one with a removeable key.

I've just checked the one that I took off, and you are absolutely right, it is a part of the pulley.

In that case, I guess I need a new VX crank pulley with square profile teeth. :(

Is your old one beyond hope?

If you can dress it up enough to get it on the crank that will be good enough. The key doesn't provide any drive it's the 200+ftlb torque of the pulley bolt that does that. The key is for location only.

I managed to snap about half of the key off of the pulley, so I reckon it would go back on, and there would be enough there that it would re-locate fine, especially if it's not providing any drive.

I think for peace of mind though, and given that it's a spare engine so I don't have to rush I'd be happier with a known good replacement if I can. (although if I can't afford one - I definitely can't afford the qed one, then I will give that a try.)

I thought that I had one somewhere. I've had a quick look at home without any joy but I'll check my lock-up over the weekend for you.

That would be great if you do.

Someone else PM'd me and is looking for one for me too.

This club is so helpful!

Afraid i only have the one on me spare engine

Worth a PM though to Stu (STU999) Ash Mason (ARM) as they usually have some XE bits in stock    :t-up:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.