• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

VX C20XE Engine Upgrade parts

Timmay Zoom Zoom

I am looking for some parts to re-build up the bottom end of my C20XE to a good spec.

Omega 86.25 pistons, I still have 2 good ones left.

Upgraded Con Rods

Lightned fly wheel

ARP bolts

Bearings

Lightned and Balanced crank, I can get the one I have lightned and balaned

Anything else anybody can think of that I might need for the bottom end re-build. I have another thread asking about best upgrade piston size.

Thanks

Tim

Will be running a dry sump system so no probs there. What is the relief valve? Do you mean for a turbo? am not running a turbo on this engine? Sorry for naivety, am still learning.  :blush:  :durr:

You don't need the relief valve with a dry sump system that's doing both the pressure and scavenge roles. If you still use the regular oil pump for pressure duty, then I'd consider the mod. Though you can achieve the same thing by turning the original steel relief valve insert down a little.

Tim,

Just so you know,the engine I gave you has the sbd nylon relief valve fitted.

Graham.

If it is any help I bought a set of used Omega Intruders from SteveD a few years ago for a future project which is still not started.

They may be too small for you they are 86.0mm with rods and rings fitted and have 3157 stamped on them. Let me know if any interest ?

Regards

Robert

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the offer. I beleive 86 is the standard size so am looking to go a bit larger that. What CON rods do they have? Uprated steels? Still not sure what size. I have 2 86.25 that are okay, and possibly just going to source another 2, to try and keep the costs down.

Can anybody give any advice/experience of re-bore oversizing pistons on a C20XE lump, pro's/con's of larger etc. I am thinking bigger is better, apart from potentially weakening the cyliders by having too thin walls.

Thanks

Tim

Just dropped you a PM.

87mm gives 2 more possible overbores 87.5mm and 88mm. I don't think there is much performance advantage by going to 88mm unless you have big valves and want to unshroud them.

I also have a SBD lightened std early type flywheel any good to you ?

BTW Early or late spec engine ?

Ben

Hi Ben, Just sent you PM, also interested in your fly wheel. I beleive its the early engine as it has the round tooth pulleys as opposed to square ones.

Just go to then next oversize from what u got,88mm will give u 2.1 but thats the max.

Just to advise, the engine that blew up has a hole in the side of the block. It is dead. Was gutted

I have a replacement Donor block, with standard size pistons at the mo, I beleive these are 86, that I am looking to re-fresh with a re-bore for 2 reasons: 1 more Power  :) , 2 to match the head work that I have already (QED 450 Rally cams and solid fifters with 11.5:1 CR).  ???

as with most of us, also trying to work to a tight budget so trying to work out what is best.

Thanks for all the great advice, keep it comming!  :t-up:

The 86mm pistons I have are Omega Intruders and give a compression of 11.8:1 :)

I will have to check the rods - probably standard but will let you know.

Robert

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.