VDO watertemp sender

pants

Hello

Please help

Ive just been looking at the VDO water temp sender suplied by

westfield. It has like a small round disk on the top. I was expecting

the connector to be the same as the original. Does this sound like

the correct part for a fireblade engine?

Also I have 2 possible wires to go to it:

1. The wire which was attached the original sender which is a female

type socket.

or

2. The one which is on the westfield main chassis loom.

Can anyone confirm the correct wire?

Cheers

Mark

This sounds very much like sender unit for a ZETEC installation. I would be surprised if it also fitted a Fireblade engine but cannot comment for certain.

If it IS the correct unit, the method of fitting is to attach a female spade connector to the wire end complete with plastic cover and then to 'slit' the cover so that the female spade connector can be pushed sideways onto the disk such that the pillar supporting the disk slips into the slit in the cover.

Hope that makes sense but I trust a 'Blade' owner can confirm if the sensor is correct or not but either way, I suspect that the original sender from the 'Blade is unlikely to work correctly.

I did reply to this post on the Yahoo BEC list Steve, so didn't bother here.

In fact although the Westifled modified Blade loom does retain the wires for the sensors, the correct ones to use are the ones in the main car loom ... as I found out when my gauges were dead!

As you say the female bladed terminal does fit on at 90 degrees.

the method of fitting is to

fit the proper connector.........I can't remember off which car I got my connector [edit](actually, now I have thought about it, IIRC it was a Pinto engined Granada, but any Pinto will do)[/edit], at the breakers yard....using a female spade, where you have to slice the cover, is a bodge........

Steppenwolf's gonna be beside himself :devil:  :devil:  :0  :0  :D  :D

It is more important to match the sender to the guage, BUT you still need to mount the sender somewhere. If the VDO sender also fits the engine, then you have been quite lucky. If not, I'm sure there are adapters available from Speedy Cables, or VDO direct.