fitting RAC roll bar

Pembroke Pat

The rear struts interfere with the lip ( were the boot box would rest)  and consequently I can not fit the top roseball joint in to the bracket on the roll bar.  Is it supposed to fit in between the two joints ( it does seem the strongest place for it to be).  I just want to be sure before I start cutting body work.  Does any body have a picture that they could post of an RAC roll bar with a boot box fitted?

Mine has a radius cut in the lip to clear the strut. Make sure you've got the spacers/washers in the correct position on the lower mount as this can alter the angle that the strut takes as it passes the lip (hope that makes sense!;)

Dave O.

Good point.  I have the washers set so that the bottom rose joint is as close to the middle as possible but I don't know if this is right.

There are a few pics here on my build site.

Perhaps this one tells you some of what you're asking:

manip_finishing%20009.jpg

What I did was stick the bolts through the strut mounts top and bottom then tie a piece of string between the two. This told me where to start with the Wizard. Once I'd got the semicircle shapes cut out of the main bodywork I started on the bootbox. Again I cut a small slot then used the string again as a guide and gradually enlarged.

My struts go to the outer-most side on the lower mount with the spacers on the inner side there is then a washer either side. (hope this still makes sense!;)

Hilux,

You can have the boot box when ever you like it's in the loft and will only take a couple of minutes to get down!

Can't remember if you've got my phone number so i'll mail it to you!

Dave O.