MT75 Queries

tonyg

:xmas: I currently have a MT75 gearbox minus the clutch release arm assembly and would like to finish the g/box off. All I have at the moment is a square hole on the right hand side where I assume the release arm comes out of. Inside the g/box housing on the opposite side to the square hole there is a ball-joint fixed on the housing, I assume the clutch release arm is attached to this somehow.

Can someone help identify, or point me in the direction (URL, www) of what I need to complete the gearbox. I have the 'modified' release bearing from Westfield.

I have been told possibly a Granada/Sierra 1990/1991 (onwards?) Clutch release assembly may do the job.  Any ideas ,Ford FINIS No.s,etc  

Another query regards fixing the g/box to the Zetec engine. I've seen a couple of mentions (on the web) of using a Sierra Sandwich plate between the box and the engine. Is this advisable/necessary ? There does not to be any mention in the build manual I have.    :durr:

You can use a hydraulic clutch release that bolts straight into the bellhousing of the MT75 around the input shaft. Why not go for a type 9 box, to give you more choice of ratios, power handling and dog engagement/sequential shift in the future.

tonyg,

You can use a sandwich plate if you wish to tidy up the installation, I believe it is Ford Part No: FINIS 6559240. It is not necessary and Westfield certainly do not bother. I am assuming you have the clutch arm rubber housing that fits over the 'square hole' you mentioned, else you could do with picking one of those up. Also check with Westfield that you have the right sort of reversing switch required to patch into the Westy loom, better to get it done now before it goes in the car.

Regards,

JD

The switch definately needs to go in before the gearbox is fitted.  The connector off of the switch is a standard ford component and does not match the westfield loom.  However it contains two wires which are very easily wired in to a two pim AMP connector (Male).

I made up a two plates from ali plate and bolted them onto the unused bolting points.  This way they can be removed for inspection without taking out the whole engine/gearbox