VX mounting height advice

Quick_Learner

Trial dropped in the engine this weekend and have a few issues.

Originally dropped it in level with a few spacers under the gearbox mount to allow for a future rubber mount. However the engine didnt fit under the bonnet so ive now dropped the front of the engine which in turn lifts the end of my type 9 extension just outside the tunnel (no probs cos ill use a gaitor to cover this).

Can anyone give me a measurement from top of chassis side rail to top of engine. This would be a great as it will confirm my suspicions that the engine should not be level when fitted. Also, do i need VX mounting brackets from the Calibra or SBD/QED type ones.

Thanks.

QL.

Q L

Are you using the westy supplied rubber mounts? i used these as supplied with kit and had know problems, although the cam cover is very close to the bonnet but it does clear, i was thinking about different mounts to try and get engine lower in the chassis so if anyone has done this please let me know.......

Glen

At all costs make sure your engine is vertical (side to side)!! I know to my great cost :angry:  :angry:  what happens if it's not. Also if you've got factory engine mount rubbers, you are best advised to use stiffer ones from somewhere like Midland Performance Centrer or Rally Design... Much stiffer :t-up:  :)

Check......

that the plate, on which the gearbox rear mount sits, is welded on the lower part of the chassis box section, i.e flush with the floor panel. If the chassis was built originally for the MT75 gearbox, the plate (IIRC) is welded flush to the top of the box section . This will cause the tail of the gearbox to be too high.

Also, one engine support is longer than the other, cant remember which one goes one which side, but make sure you get them on the correct side.

Can really think of any other reason why the engine will not fit under your bonnet, other than the rubber mounts being the wrong height.

Linds