Megablade diff oil  !!!

DAZ

Hi there

1st of all have done a search,looking at renewing my diff oil just bought the megablade and for  my piece of mind just renewing oil levels. Went to halfords toget some EP80/90 and the bloke was going on about it being to thick and try Castrol Syntax i think it was called,he kept quoting sierra diffs use this.Is thicker oil used because of the extra abuse the diffs get when fitted in kit cars or is this not an issue !!! just need a little advice please.

DAZ

If it's a boggo Sierra diff with (or without) either the viscous or ATB type LSD, then EP80-90 will be fine. If it's a plate type LSD, you'll need proper LSD oil, which Halfords may not sell.

Or ask The Fluke boys for some of their funky Red Line oils.........not cheap, but the best..........

Daz,

I believe some BEC's using a non LSD run with a slightly thinner oil to reduce losses.

The lack of torque and light weight allow this with no probs and apparently it makes a resonable differance.

I wouldn't take my word though, best check on a BEC list.

Carl

Daz,

I run RedLine SuperLightWeight Shockproof in mine (Freelander ATB LSD).

If you are on the Yahoo BEC group then search for posts from Gavin Scott, he is resident oil guru.

The RedLine stuff is not the cheapest, but arguably the best - not least because it looks like runny custard!  It's quite noisy, but that's not really a problem in a BEC.

Moomin

Sorry,didn't give enough information it's a factory fitted 3.36 LSD, i presume this will be a boggo sierra diff if so my question has been answered.

Thanks DAZ