Throttle bodies

wrightster

I'm not one for covering up mistakes, but I definitely don't want to put words in to your mouth, so to speak.

If you're happy to let it stand, so am I........

Is that the sound of a gauntlet being thrown down.............. :0  :0

Mind you, it'd be a laugh. Shame your car's only doing about 20knots max right now.......I can run faster than that.......

just.......

in short bursts................

very short bursts.............

:zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :D  :D  :D

*thud*

Yep, if you like !!  :D

Just to make the test totally fair and comparable, I'll use a drag strip over here and you can use on in the UK.  I mean, one drag strip's the same as any other isn't it ??!!  :D  :D

I`m no expert :blush: however I consider that throttle bodies and injection should IMHO offer some power advantages particularly in mid range :durr:

Carbs are ok at idle and at full revs but are always a compromise at part throttle.

Therefore I would assume that injection and throttle bodies would improve consumption only in the mid range and due to accurate metering of fuel/air ratios must improve power again particularly in mid range.

As I said, I`m no expert :arse:

• 2 weeks later...

:t-up: I fit the SBD 208 kit this year after running twin 45's for the last 3 years on my Vx 2.0 16v

On carbs peak power was just over 180bhp but it kept going out of tune quite quickly, with the throttle bodies after a good setting up session it produced 207bhp and it's so much more drivable and torquey also at higher revs it seems much smoother and free' er revving.

after 7 months it seems just as powerful as when it was first set up