routing of fuel pipes Megabusa

stevemiller

Started building my Megabusa today and have fitted all the alley panels and have realised that the build manuals are not as logical as they should be.

My next job will be to install the rigid fuel pipes and I note from the manual that they exit the tunnel and turn left and right, checking the fuel tank I find that both feed and return connections are on the left side.  Any reason why I can't terminate both pipes to the left?

Regards

Steve

Thanks for that Bob.

Looks a much more sensible route than what the manual suggests.  I did look at that site but was obviously blind. :durr:  Probably somethng to do with fixing a thousand rivets.

Regards

Steve :cool:

It all depends where you locate your fuel pump (none of which is in the manual or engine CD, by the way) - the standard place to put it is just to the side of he diff casing on the chassis rails.

This is on the opposite side to where the fuel return hoses run.

There's no reason why you can't have both the fuel pump and return hoses on the same side, but it'll just get a little crowded.

Hello.

Mine were fitted at the factory, so aren't quite at an ideal angle, but the exiting left and right thing is, as people have said, just to make it easier/less busy.

I don't see any reason why you can't fit them both on the same side if you want to - although now I can: would you have to fit the fuel pump outboard of the diff cradle part of the chassis if you used the nearside?  I think you might... maybe... it'll be tight if you try to do it all on one side.

Click here and here for pics.

Hope this helps.

Moom

Thanks guys - progress was made on Sunday but had a bit of a pipe-bending moment  :blush: (crease) which means a new one is on the way  ;) . That was the first bend and all subsequent bends were A1.... :D

John

(Steve's assistant builder)

PS - How annoying are those instruction manauals :angry:  :0  ??? .... thank god for all these build sites  :love:

I know how you feel! I was rather surprised to find the lack of any written info at all on fitting the engine when I built my Megabusa.

Still we have it easy - the early XTR builders didn't get anything!!

:t-up:  :t-up:

By the way if you go to your local DIY store or garden centre you can get some excellent ribbed hose (normally for water features etc) that is perfect for protecting the flexible fuel hoses around the diff.