I need a decent tow barge for 6k

scott beeland

looks very clean - I would struggle with getting my head around paying that much road tax though

Yeah, a mate of mine just told me imports are worse on tax, due to higher emissions than uk models.

I don't really know what to buy

5 series estate - diesel ?

Skoda Octavia 2.0TDi  :t-up:

seats 5 in comfort, even the hatchback has a huge boot which can even take a 6ft bookcase with the rear seats folded down  ;)

clicky

my Defender 110 wasnt much more than £6k and its only £205 per year road tax           17013.jpeg

Fab car and actually OK on derv, with 32mpg at the moment,

Been looking at a few Estate Octavias on trader tonight. They would fit the bill nicely.

That, or maybe a Nissan X Trail

oooooooooooo and the Defender 110 has 12 seats {I would say it seats 9 BUT i assume they used mini people}  lol

Octavia is a cracking car mate. I ran a vRS for 3 years, massive boot, although the diagonal braces that sit behind the seats cause some issues.

X-Trail’s only genuine weakness being its engines. Diesels provide the best blend of performance and economy, but they can be problematic – so always check that previous owners have maintained the car properly.

Even on dCi diesel variants which have been well cared for, ECU and injector trouble is not unheard of

Reader review: xxx has recently sold his 2003 X-Trail 2.2 dCi, and won’t be buying another.

“It wasn’t expensive to run, either, but it didn’t turn out to be as reliable as I’d hoped. I had turbocharger problems on two occasions, plus some brake issues. When faults did occur, it sometimes took several weeks for the dealer to source the parts – although the service I received was good.”

if your are thinking on the landrover side of things, you will not do any better than a TD5 discovery, they have a 5 cylinder diesel and return over 30 mpg, ive had my current one two years , its an x reg { 2000 } with only 71,k tax is only 200 quid , it will tow anything, its got seven seats ect,   ive had all the early 200/300 discoveries but they cannot hold a candle to the TD5, , HOPE THIS HELPS, RGDS P

crv over the x-trail any day - although they are not as nice inside

x-trail a bit cramped in rear

I am a bit of a Honda fan  :D

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.