2.0l Zetec/MT75/Dunnell sump combo

Hello all,

Think the title nearly says it all ;) I'm just checking really, since doing a search revealed a reply saying that there is an error in the Westfield manual and the Lucas LRS707 is not correct - it should be an Autostart A207. I phoned the factory & they said they couldn't help coz they don't use Dunnell sumps and I can't yet fit my sump because the engine is sitting on it ;)

So, am I going to need to swap my starter (LRS707)?

Thanks,

- Dan.

Hi There,

I had no problems using an LRS707 with the MT75 gearbox. I don't know if there are different bell housing shapes / flywheels which can cause a problem with this starter but it worked for me. Regarding whether it'll work with a Dunnell sump I can't help you. You'd be better of calling Dunnell but I wouldn't regard the manual as wrong.

Kevin

Hi,

I'm in the process of building mine (Westy/Zetec/MT75). The only difference to yours is that I have used a lightened steel flywheel from Burton, and the LRS 707 doesn't fit. I have managed to find out that the pre-engaged X-Flow starter is the one you need. I have also heard of the Autostart A207 but my local motorfactors seemed to a bit flummaxed.

Terry

Thanks,

I have now fitted the sump (use of scaffy bar & bricks) and 'holding the starter where I think it should fit', it appears that it will engage the ring gear. As far as I know, I've just got the standard 2.0l flywheel from a mondeo.

Hopfully I'll get an engine hoist later this week and fit the gearbox properly, then I'll find out if it really is ok ;)