Advice wanted

michael

touche (how do you do accents?) blatman. I could respond but we probably ought to leave micheals thread alone, he's probably going to log on tonight and wonder what the #### has been going on !  :p

Fair point lets leave this one alone.

(and it has nothing to do with the fact I cant come up with any funny/interesting parallels between grass and cars  :blush: )

was down at westfield parts dept yesterday there was a cateringvan parked outside and owner was in parts dept wearing his c******m sports coat  
:0

Not another one seen the light. Sssssssssshhhhhhhhhh dont tell them on the dark side they will all want one. :0  :p  :devil:

In a vague attempt to bring this thread back to some form of relevance ;)

It’s a fantastic car, but it only ever seems to be happiest when its moving FAST.  The lack of torque at low revs is not a problem for town driving when you get used to it, but the clunky first gear never feels right, especially when you have to engage and disengage continually through town.

Its (in my case) very minimalist, no heater, not screen, not even a carpet to remind you that this thing is anything other that a race car (on the road),  and although I do take Mrs flap out fore the leisurely Sunday blast, I can feel the car (or is that the voices in my head) telling me to go faster and faster.

The car comes on song at about 7000rpm, and at 10000rpm is signing the most delightful tune all the ay just short of 12000rpm and its up here that I tend to drive it most of the time (when blasting) and it loves it, drop it back down to drive through town and you see the cars persona change, it aint happy.

The car is light and darty, but probably due to set-up reasons I keep sending the tail out even when I know it should stay (hope lsd will help a little here when I fit it)

I have never owned a car engine westy so cant comment fairly, but I love this westy, it’s the first car ive owned that gave me the same buz as my bikes did, not even my Scooby should match it for *uhem*, user involvement.

Some of the other westys ive been taken out in, seem far happier to cruse around, as well as blast, its just the blade only seems to want to blast, but that suited what I wanted.

Its not about speed, as many on here will tell you their vx cars are just as quick, and some quicker than a blade, but for me it’s the feel and sound of a blade car, and I don’t compete (yet, I want to do sprints in the summer) and so it puts a grin on my face (and some times a brown splodge in my panty looms- ask mrs catflap about sideways bit to matlock  ;) ).

Knowing what I know now if I was in the buying stage again I would still go for a blade, I still think it’s a awesome car, but I would like the power of a busa engine, )but ive had one engine blow de to my own fault and if that was a busa I still would not be driving it (I would be saving cash for a new engine).  So I plan on getting it set up to a high standard, with brakes, lsd and good suspension before I worry about power- there is a good chance ill not need it (que marts fisher blade that surprisingly quick).

I do drive it all year round, its far to much fun to put away for the winter, and have been caught in some mad rain this week :)

If there is anything else I can help you with let me know :)