Indicator Warning

Matt Seabrook

If this is not loud enough then you could wire it into a set of air horns mounted under the dash. You should be able to hear them with a skidlid on. :D

It can't be can it  :devil:  :D  :p  ;)  Might just be  :devil:

Red - 2 litre pinto - 2+2 =  :devil:  :)  :D  :p

Although it is a great reminder that you have left your indicator on, it is also a noisy pain in the a**e so you don't want to go too loud, just loud enough to remind you!

:)

Although it is a great reminder that you have left your indicator on, it is also a noisy pain in the a**e so you don't want to go too loud, just loud enough to remind you!

I agree entirely.  There was one on my car when I bought it and it is the proverbial pain in the a*se!  It's particularly embarrassing when sat waiting to turn out from a side street. with pedestrians walking past, wondering why the strange looking red car is beeping like their kid's tonka toy.  I think I have one of the "loud" ones - well, loud enough to be clearly audible over the noise of my V8 anyway - not only loud, but slightly tired sounding...right, that's it, it's coming out...I've talked myself into it...I'll just have to be the tw*t who drives along with his indicator flashing!!!

Sorry, rant over...it's the one thing that drives me mad on my car...

S

I thought only "tuggers" had warning repeaters installed.

Is this a novel use for a Westie - high speed caravan hauling? :D  :D  :arse:

and for me its a pain in the  :arse: having the warning repeater going when the trailer / van is on the tintop,  fxxk knows what it's like to put up with all the time.... ;)

even cheaper. replace the indicator relay with a 'larger' one and mount it on a Aerosol can lid. The Click and small echo will sound quite pleasant and might just do the trick ;)

I test drove one of the factory cars with the timed self cancelling indiactor, and thought it was a pain in the  :arse: .

Every time you were at a junction onto a busy road, it would cancel way too early.

I followed steppenwolf's instuctions.  Only problem is gaetting the volume right.  Mine now seems to be TOO LOUD when sitting in traffic, and sometimes not loud enough when my foot slips all the way to the floor.

speed sensitive noise.... hmmmm

anyone want to take up that challenge?

tick tock at idle and hammer on metal bucket for that 80mph overtake like a banshee

Hang on, I feel a circuit diagram coming on .....

Let's see, I need the following:-

Electret Condenser Microphone

Pre-amplifier chip

Analog to digital converter

Microprocessor

Digital to analog converter

Or how about a simpler solution ......

Take a 'sniff' from the throttle position sensor and use that to drive a variable voltage output device inversely .......

Nope, cut the wires and let the b**ger flash ......

:D

If you get the volume wrong, I'll give it a month before you want to rip the thing out and kick it back from whence it came!

Anyway, hopefully you'll get it "more" right than the person that fitted mine!!!

Cheers

Simon

Ive got push buttons on my steering wheel, which trigger my indicators and ive programmed my control box to only have them on for 20 seconds max - so i cant leave them on - cool or what!!!

and if i hold both buttons down for 3 seconds, i get hazzard lights flashing - no need for the hazzard light switch cluttering the dash - not sure if this is legal though, guess il find out at MOT time - eek.

There are several available from the RS catalogue that are adjustable for both volume and bleep tone, at least you'd be able to change the thing when it gets totally nauseating ;) Brian.

• 2 weeks later...

I just swapped the standard indicator warnign lights for some very bright 14.5mm panel mounting LEDs. Even in direct bright sunlight, you still can't miss the fact that you've left an indicator on.

As an added bonus, you can scare small children when you drive at night and your face lights up an eerie green at every junction...

(I really must do something about the full beam one though - the blue version is very, very, bright!;)

Jim