Thames Valley - Goodwood Breakfast

Uncle Fester

do what the forcasters do look out the window in the morning and see if it is sunny of cloudy :p

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adamnreeves

• simon besant

• Steven Thorne

• Uncle Fester

Damn you all for getting up so early, I struggle to get out of bed before 10am at the weekends :blush:

One day, mark my words :sheep:

Am I the only one who gets trashed Saturday night and needs Sunday to recover ???  :arse:

Well it looks like the poxy British weather is at it again  :mad:  :mad:

I'm thinking of checking the weather forecast at 22:30 tonight and making a decision from there. (I'll be tucked up in bed soon after, just before Bean has gone out on the lash, no doubt  :p )

Doesn't look great at the moment but who knows. There's a small chance I'll take the tin top if it's p*****g down but not convinced I can be bothered going in some crappy diesel piece of crap!  :down:

Yeah I am going to look at the forecast before I go to bed and then when I get up with strategic times along the way. Steve/Tim you got a route planned from BinH to Goodwood. Not been before and not knowing what my car does to the tank I probably have to make unscheduled stops at fuel stations!

adam i am the same so you can stop with me i know the way

as long as they go the way i know :D

According to the BBC weather its NOT going to rain :D .

I have an excellent route to Goodwood planned with a high chance of some petrol stations for the V8's :laugh:

See you all bright and early :cool:  Perhaps Bean will join us on his way home in the mornig   :laugh:

Excellent day  :D  :D  Good run down there  :t-up:   :t-up:  less scenic route on the way back, but didn't get wet  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Nice breakfast roll, even if mine didn't have an egg (not jealous at all Phil!!) and laughed that Simon took my 'I only have ten minutes here and then I will have to leave' as serious, and missread his watch and left an hour early  :bangshead:   :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :p  :p  :D  :D

David

Excellent day all round  :t-up:

Great roads down courtesy of Steve. Some real high speed convoy stuff  :D  :D

Thanks to David for taking SWMBO home early, only to find Jnr still in bed when he was supposed to be studying for his GCSEs!! :angry:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Will post photos later

Photos? I took my camera but it didn't come out of the boot! Excellent day, the longest trip I've done in the Westfield by far. I've now done over 700miles.

My cruise tuning ended up with remarkable fuel consumption from my V8! I managed 30mpg on a 225mile run. I found the engine braking was so good that I didn't have to use the brakes much on the way back even when stuck behind traffic pressing their little brake pedals to slow down for slight bends in which there were already going too slow for.

Oh I forgot to say. Not a spot of rain there or on the way back. when I got home and put the car in the garage the skies turned black, I heard a crack of thunder and the heavens opened up. Steve you must have a hotline to god!

Great way to spend a morning.  :t-up:

Good drive down, some pretty awesome cars to gawp at and it didn't rain!

skOOby

i had to stop for fuel on the way home

cant believe i was so stupid and left so early oh well enjoyed the run down and back

thats the second longest run i have ever done in the car 168 miles

thanks to steve and his amazing spotter for agreat event gabi enjoyed it as well except a stone bouncing off her face on the way back.

I told her not to be such a girl

she really takes after her mum (ican tell from the reply i got)

Couple of photos

Stress break for those with a weak bladder (and who didn't use Tesco's carpark  :blush: )

What was that blue car??  :durr:

stress_break.jpg

What No Parking sign??  :bangshead:

parking.jpg

The convoy arrives

Westys_at_goodwood.jpg

Carbon wheels????:cool:

wheels.jpg

General dribble  :oops:  :suspect:  :p

veyron.jpg

zonda.jpg

power.jpg

Phil the blue car was a Bugatti, had a great day glad you all enjoyed yourselves. :D