looking for mazda mx5 workshop book

jambo

looking for a workshop manual to help with my build,particularly the wiring can anyone help.

car is mazda mx5 1.8i m reg 1995 uk car.

thanks jamie

You'll struggle to find a workshop guide for a UK car as strangely Haynes never did one for the MX5, the closest you'll get would be the equivalent they did for the US market and the Miata.  I have a copy for mine, it's actually not too bad as Haynes go and it has diagrams cover both the 1.6 and 1.8 but be warned there are variations in both wiring colouring and circuit design between different markets and different years.

The main thing to watch when stripping out wiring is on the headlamp retractor circuits.  On some cars there were separate relays for the headlamps and retractor motors whist on others they are combined, you may find (as I did) that you end up taking something out that you later have to put back.  :D

Once you've built the car and nothing runs, at that point you'll be needing the Rod's Workshop manual (again for the Miata).  It lacks the wiring diagrams of Haynes but is very good for component testing, and pin-outs on the sensors.

HTH Mark